Best place to buy spare MA1 magazines?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kraigster414, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I'd like to pick up maybe one or two. Thanks.

2. mrboma

mrboma Member

3. monsteyr

monsteyr Guest

You could also contact Jack Riddle at SAI (his email is his first initial, then last name @ steyrarms.com) (770) 888-4201.

15 round 9m/m magazine is item number 3902050502

4. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Just ordered 2 from CDNN, thanks. Also Impact Guns sells them (and they are even less $) - the 9mm 15-rounders are currently on backorder but they expect to receive in a week or so. The .40 SW mags are in-stock.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/688218501795.html

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Uh oh. I hope you didn't put anything on backorder at Impact Guns. I have no personal experience with them but other guys here have had to wait slightly longer than forever to get back-ordered stuff from them. Seems they hardly ever have anything in stock. Makes you wonder if it's some guy operating a website from his chicken coop.

6. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Yikes! That doesn't sound good. Yeah, I did order. They said a week and they'd be in. :?

7. azerious85

azerious85 Guest

i've dealt with impactguns MANY MANY times, the reason alot of stuff is backordered is because they sell VERY quick. but there an awesome company to deal with, and as of today they are currently going to start upgrading there entire site.

8. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Now you tell me. Net scared me and I canceled the backorder. Outdoor Super Store (a bit more expensive) and GunandHolster has them too as of today. Ditto of course for CDNN. And there is a store about 20 miles from the house that has a few in stock as well. Hey, it's all good and this is kind of funny :D

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Sorry for the bad info. As I said, I have no personal experience with ImpactGuns, I just recalled someone else here saying they had a backorder they never got and couldn't get a refund either, so they warned against them.

I guess any business ticks off a customer every now and then. Good to hear they're reliable because they do have very good prices on everything I've seen there. I'll check the new site out when I get a round tuit. Apologies again. :oops:

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

12. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Just bought a pair of "full capacity" 13-round Llama factory mags for my Llama IX-C. Both work as advertised so I'm a happy customer. Probably paid too much, $45 each, but since Llama is no longer in business, they ain't making no more mags and they're hard to find.

Since the Steyr mags are listed as 14-round 9mm, maybe they've got the right springs and are worth $38.

Service was quick and product is satisfactory for my order, so no problems here. :mrgreen:

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

14. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

If I may chime in with my 2 cents.....

....with all the potential [not likely, :wink: ] problems using factory OE magazines, why would anyone want to chance no OE magazines just to save a couple bucks on an otherwise $400.00 to $1200.00 to 'whatever ya wanna spend' shootin' rig?

I work in an industry where aftermarket parts are readily available from a variety of manufacturers for a few bucks less than the OE stuff......

...and Customers LOVE to save a nickel here and a dime there.....

...until it bites them in the @$$....

99.9% of the time, nothing works better than, or as good as, OE parts!!!

Personally, I want ME to be the weakest link in my self defense setup.... Cuz I can always improve on that!!!!

...just my 2 cents.... now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

8) 8)

15. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

I've used Joe Campbell quite a lot because of his pricing. And, he reduces his prices for multiple purchases. I'm sure he'd be receptive to a group purchase, if anyone wants to explore that option, let me know. <shrug> Anyway, here's his contact info:

I haven't bought any mags from him in a while, the last of which was a few Sigma 40 mags for some conversions, but at that time, he had 12 round M40 mags for $17 + shipping. Joe's a good guy and based on all of our transactions, he's always been fair and prompt. Good luck. :)

Wulf

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The mags at JLoweclipsandmags.com are factory, they're just M and not MA1s, which are the same. I'm not aware of any company that's offering aftermarket mags for Steyr, or did I miss something in this mag thread? Not that I would buy them if I could. That's why I forked over $45 per original Llama factory .45 ACP mags.

17. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Does anyone make after market double stack mags for a Llama???

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Good question. I just saw an ad in one of my gun mags from CDNN offering double-stack 14-round .45 ACP mags for Charles Daly, Bul and Kimber made by Novak's, an Italian company, for $22.99. That's exactly half what I paid for each of the 13-round Llama factory mags I just got from JLoweclipsandmags.com for $45 each. I'd love to know if they would work for me, but no way to know but to buy and try. And if they don't, sorry about that. Wish I could try them out first.

I have read that Colt double-stack mags will work in the Llama with no mods and that Para-Ord mags will work with a bit of work cutting a new slot for the mag release button. But that's what I read, not what I know for sure.

19. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I use Novak 8 rounders in my RIA 1911 and have never had a problem. Armscor gives them a lifetime guaranty so I have no worries..

They do sell double stack but they are of the Para variety...