Best Kept Secret

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by spokes, Jun 5, 2007.

1. spokes

spokes New Member

Hi all,
    Been out of the loop for a while.
    Decided to pack up some guns and ammo and head to the range. I have been a stranger at Martin County for some time.
    Put together a trio,Nighthawk GRP, S&W Ti.(no lock). and the best kept secret in the gun world Steyr M357A1.
    350 total assorted rounds. Shot the Ti. no surprises, Nighthawk same, M357A1 spectacular the most interesting and fun gun I have ever owned, and I have had hundreds. Not one problem W/Steyr ever. If Steyr ever made a S357A1 and I could get it locally I would retire my G-19.
    Shot some 88 grn Rems. Wulf gave me a load I reduced it some what. Incredible !!!!!!!!!
    Power Pistol is a great powder for 357 Sig.also shot some 125 Speer's FMJ/ PP handloads. sensational.
    Loading the Sig round is a bit involved. Two sizing operations, size with carbide 40 then run them thru a 357 sizer for the neck operation. Has any one used the Dillon 357 Sig carbide sizing die? A bit expensive but if it works I would buy it.
    Good to be back shooting, especially my M357A1.. Steyr should get on the stick and start pushing their superior product.

Spokes

2. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Good to hear!

Hey, Spokes, a buddy of mine who is heavy into reloading just picked up a M9-A1...had been tempted by going with the .40/.357 Sig rig, since he is equipped to reload. Anyway, you're right on all counts - Steyr is an unknown gem (my buddy is hard-core gunnie, only knew of them by rep...when he shot my S9 he fell in love), and the .357 Sig is an impressive round. Sorry I can't shed any light on the reloading equip...haven't done that for about 30 years.

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Spokes, it sounds like we live in the same neck of the woods..........and I have my Dillon set up for 357sig. I'll PM you on that more....but I have not had a lot of success with the Dillon and 357sig.... I have had more success with my RCBS turret press and a combo of dies from Hornady, Lee.......but that could be me trying to set up the Dillon....... :roll:

4. spokes

spokes New Member

Shooter,
    I stopped using my Dillon 550 also, now use my RCBS Rock Chucker.
    Much better, but takes a long time.
    My Dillon loads shoot good but look crappy.
    Have you ever used the Montana Gold 125 grn FMJ's? for the Sig.
    Spokes

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

No, but I think Wulf told me about Montana...........