Beretta PX4 Subcompact

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Netfotoj, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/berettapx4_070207/

Ran across this review of the new Beretta subcompact in the Augustt 2007 issue of Guns & Ammo online. Verrrrrrry interesting. Now if it was available in 357 Sig, what a 3" hand cannon!

[​IMG]

It is almost completely ambidexterous for us southpaws with a swappable mag release and dual decocking levers.

Alas, slide release is not ambi.

The trigger is DA/SA, which I personally prefer. And it's price, $575, is also pretty user friendly for me. Hmmm.

Steyr better hurry up with the new S357-A1 before I spend all my pistol money. :mrgreen:

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Do you know whether a .45 compact is planned? A .357 Sig would be nice. I really like my .40.

Buzz

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

How Sad Is It?

...how sad it is.....

....they have to actually mold "Warning: Retract Slide to see if Loaded" right into the frame...

..Aren't some things better left to Darwin?

:? :?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

9mm and .40 for now, no promises for others. What a hand cannon .45 or 357 Sig would be!

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt or killed when things are left to Darwin. I get your point though, Bab.

I just don't like the Px4. The grip is too thin for my liking. It just makes me miss the Cougar. BTW, CDNN has been sold out of Stoeger Cougars for the last two months.

I also don't like the Beretta 9000. Its grip is too short and its safety/decocker is too strange.

6. NicoX

NicoX New Member

I have a Beretta PX4 Storm Standard..
    it´s a good pistol.. but when I buy my Steyr S9-A1 ..
    the secure is horrible to take off, and to carry it