Bedside Defense Shotguns

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by Wulf, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

I couldn't find a Shotguns Forums to post this so I'll just use the ol' Pub for this little bit o' fun. In the winter, its pretty snowy 'round here so I have some time to dick around with projects that I haven't the time for in the spring, summer and fall. So, I fig'rd it'd been a while since I tested my hand at inhouse shotgun defense. So, here's what I come up with so far and its been a blast! :twisted: Here'a a Mossy 9200 that I picked up in need of a little TLC. The stock was trashed, it wouldn't cycle properly with 2.75" magnum loads, and the trigger sucked! So, I cutdown the stock, replaced some springs, honed the trigger parts, and putta sling on 'er. She's a sweetheart now and hasn't jammed a single time since I started usin' only 2.75" mag loads and replaced the springs and o-rings. I gotta 7-round mag extension but I had to send it off to get it parkerized. This is the stocker. Also, I sanded all the furniture down and restained it dark and satiny. I still gotta seal it, but all an all, I love 'er even if she's legal. :roll:

[​IMG]

I put this little Mossy 500C together for my gal and she loves it! An inhouse 20 guage defense shotgun with 3" mag 00 Buck is pretty damn formidable, IMHO. I picked up a cheap one at Auctionarms.com for $120 to my FFL. It was a youth model and the stock was too small for her so I cut it down and got her a set of synthetics, if we wanna do some skeetin'. But, it stays right next to the bed, along with her S9-A1. God I hope we never need 'em for that purpose, but better prepaired to kick some arse than to be illprepaired and get yer arse kicked, I always say. This little bundle of joy is great fun and recoils hardly at all. <shrug>

[​IMG]

Anybody got some fun bedside guns to post, have at it! :) And, hava great weekend.

Wulf

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good job, Wulf! Here's my bump-in-the-night boomstick:

[​IMG]

Mossberg 590 - I keep 4 rounds of #1 buck in the tube and the speedfeed stock is loaded with 2 1oz Brenneke slugs and 2 1-1/8oz Brenneke slugs.

(Horrible picture - one day I will talk my girlfriend into taking some good ones)

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

[​IMG]

Nothing fancy here. Just sawed the barrel off on my Ithaca Model 37 12 ga. pump to a legal 18.5". As an afterthought, I had a gunsmith crown the muzzle and install a new hi-viz orange sight on the rib. Loaded with five rounds of 00 Buck.

That's my 1912 Remington .22 pump on top. Whenever I can find somebody that will pay me the $250 I got in it, it will be magically transformed into the best $250 pistol I can find, caliber, make et c. to be determined with availability. (Hint. Anybody wanna buy a nice rifle, recently reblued, shoots .22 shorts, longs and LR, octagonal barrel, nice wood, excellent condition?)

And below both guns is a WWI bayonet my dad picked up somewhere and left to his middle son (that would be me). :mrgreen:

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

mines like syntaxes but mine is a 500 without the speedfeed stock and the bayonet lug.
    parkerized with the heatshield. put a sidesaddle on it. 20" barrel with 8 shot tube.
    keep the sidesaddle loaded dont keep anything in the tube mag fear it will swell

want to get another with a sidefolder stock eventually but AK/AR15 projects have priority for the moment.

maybe other rifles sections needs minor editing or a shotgun section needed.

nice versatile weapon the shotgun.

bump in the night gun first I reach for my pistol then I fight my way to my walkin closet/armory for the shotgun

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Dudes :shock:

Looks like I ain't the only one can't help but put a shotgun backup to my M-A1 home defense scenarios. Good choices. 8) Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

6. West01

West01 New Member

Whoa! :D

Wolf that is some mean hardware! :D

We have a Winchester Defender to keep our house warm... Its is actually my wife's favorite gun.

I got to get myself a digital camera..

Cheers!

West01

7. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Wulf!

That Mossy reminds me of a scatter gun my Uncle Greek used to have. Oh, the memories. :roll: Nice indeed! 8)

I keep 000 Buck(Tactical) in my 870 Marine Magnum. :shock: & 125 gr JHP in my M357-A1 :twisted:
    _______
    mugdava

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam Guys :shock:

U guys are mutants! :shock: Remind me not to sneak into ur kitchen late at night and try to take your leftover fried chicken! :shock: BTW, good call on the keepin' shells in the mag tube, MrAp:

...unless ya shoot 'er often to stay in form or <shrug> just for the fun of it. :twisted: Sometimes, when its just too quiet out here in the Rockies, and I'm on the verge of insanity :shock: ... I grab my lit'l frien', walk out the back door and let 'er rip. :twisted: Keeps the lions an' tigers an' bears honest. :p In the summer, ya can hear it echoin' round the mtns like thunder. :p Ya gotta love a neighbor like me. :twisted: Enjoy your Saturday. :D

Wulf <-- headin' to Wally-World for some thunder makin' devices

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was back when I had the folding stock on there.

This is now:

[​IMG]

Now it wears a Knoxx stock, and no more minimag. Eventually it will have an M70 $ureFire forend.

This is his running mate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. smores

smores Guest

Maverick 88 (like the safety better than the 500) with 18.5" barrel and Knoxx SpecOps stock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam :shock:

I love 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Keep 'em comin', Boys :!: ...more, more, more....

Wulf <-- really digs boy toys

12. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Just an old S&W 916A 12 ga. pump made in Japan I believe, that i have kept around since 1980.