Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the right category since it is a political issue.

Has anyone seen this bill that they are trying to pass here in WA?

Basically, the "enlightened" politicians in the state of WA are trying to redefine the term/ phrase "assault weapon" to the following: [paraphrased]--
" Any firearm, rifle, shotgun, pistol that is capable of accepting an external magazine with the capability of holding more than ten (count 'em 10!) rounds of ammunition."

Not only does this bill ban most if not all sporting and some hunting rifles, but it would also allow local sheriffs to come into your home once per year for a safety inspection.

If i am not mistaken, there is a clause in there somewhere that says pistols with detachable AND fixed (does this not mean revolvers too?) magazines. Now, if the slew of attacks we've had on our law enforcement officers in late 2009 and now early 2010 were caused solely by assault weapons, under its current definition, maybe... just maybe would i take this bill more seriously for the safety of our LEOs, but what the Slick Rick in Olympia is trying to do is slide through a blanket ban because the public will likely believe that the officers (rest in peace; and i hope, if there is a heaven and hell, that there is a mixed gathering and the LEOs thoroughly trash the BGs, who shot them, in the after life) were actually shot with true assault weapons.

I am utterly astounded :cuss:

what do you guys think? (now i know that i will receive a bias opinion here, but i believe that you guys will give honest comments that are not fueled by fear)

-Specter

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Try to look on the bright side: instead of having a ridiculous stash of pistols, folks like babj615 will have a pile of Steyr assault weapons! :joker:

Do you have any more info on this? Is this one of those things where some looney politician is pushing some wacky bill that doesn't have a snowball's chance of passing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i would certainly be very frightened of Babj's collection of Steyr assault weapons :lol:

as far as information goes all i can send you is a couple of links to the news stories that have been written and a link to the bill that someone posted as a comment.

here they be:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82733782.html (second story)

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82553417.html (first story)

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/6396.pdf (Bill)

as for the snowball... it wont reach hell because the people of WA won't allow it to make it that far; they are going to stop it manually and bust it up by hand.

supposedly 95% of the people at the capitol building in Olympia on tuesday were against; while a police chief from a neighboring city (Bellevue) was there in uniform as support for it, when apparently, she was there to support it as a civilian. that last bit struck me as odd :bs:

-Specter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts