Back to the range today

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by majette, Jun 21, 2007.

1. majette

majette Member

first chance to shoot it since i received it back from repair. fired a quick 100 rounds at 7 yds. three mags, 2 15rd and 1 10rd, no mag problems either. no hiccups, no ftf, no fte, just a nice bang each and every time i pulled the trigger. oh yeah!

[​IMG]

sorry about the poor pic, had to use my camera phone. when i disassembled it for cleaning, i noticed the recoil rod assembly is a little different than the old one; the spring is a flat coil rather than a regular spring.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good shooting! Glad to hear she's running smooth - keep us updated. 8)

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya maj* :)

Whataya mean? :shock: The recoil spring from your M-A1 was a typical compression "round wire" spring like a 1911 and your new replacement recoil spring one is "flat wire" one now? The "flat wire " type recoil spring is all I'm familure with for the S- and M-A1's. :shock: Same goes for my Walther P99's. <shrug> Can ya elaborate a bit or do ya have any pics of the other recoil spring assembly...the one that came stock when first got it? I'm really curious. :shock: Oh well, hava great weekend. :)

Wulf <-- wonderin' if round wire and flat wire are the correct nomenclatures for recoil spings :shock:

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Run another 400 or so rounds thru it to check reliability.

5. majette

majette Member

i will as soon as i reach the intersection of time and money.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The elusive crossroads :)

7. Dag

Dag Guest

Recoil Spring for M-A1

+1

My M40-A1, S/N 048XXX has the flat wire spring (and plastic guide rod) also. Only round wire springs for a Steyr I've heard about are aftermarket. :? As long as it extracts and ejects reliably, does it really matter? :wink: Still, it'd be interesting to know if there is a factory round wire spring.

Dag