last week while shooting my M40A1 for recreation I had a few failures to extract. I cleaned the crap out of the gun and went back out today. Ammo was 185 rounds of WWB and 40 rounds of Pro-Load After the first 36 rounds without an issues, I had 3 FTE's again. :twisted: 2 of the faliures where with the WWB and one with the Pro-load. I then shot a few rounds through my M40. No failures at all. I ran both types of ammo using the same magazines through the M and had no problems. No cases bonking me on the head. Recoil even with the Pro-Load was light. fast double taps were a pleasure. Accuracy with both guns was more than acceptable. At 15 yds on an FBI shillouette point of aim and point of impact were the same, slow fire I was getting sub 2" groups. Rapid fire groups opened a bit but more than acceptable. I did speak with the folks at Steyr to discuss the issue. One thought was possibly the recoil spring being weak and not allowing proper in battery lock up. This was one I never considered though on reflection it makes some sense as the round may not be fully seated therefore the extractor may not have proper placement. My next step is going to be swapping a few parts. First I'll swap the extractor assemblies from the M over to the A1 and vice versa. Then shoot the guns and see if there is a problem. If there is still FTE's in the A1 I'll swap the recoil guide rod assemblies and go from there. More to come later.