Awww, what the heck

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ThaiBoxer, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Ordered an M40A1 from CDNN today, along with four-12 rounders from Davidson's. I need another pistol like I need an extra 30 pounds, but then I thought, "Awww, what the heck.....it's priced soooo cheap!". It'll be an IDPA gun.

Ben

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good man - you practically stole it at the CDNN price. Consider it money well spent. :D

3. breechplug

breechplug Guest

It's a good investment, if you need to you can always sell it !
    ( to one of us here in the land of Steyr lovers) :mrgreen:

4. sigp6

sigp6 Guest

Nice! I just ordered an M40-A1 and then two days later an M9-A1. I already own an S9 and an M40.

It's a sickness...

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I got tired of waiting for them to drop the price to $300, and thought I'd rather have a $350 M40A1, than maybe miss them while waiting.

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Picked up my M40A1 and 4 mags today, so a total of 6 new 12 rounders and an A1.

The ergonomic changes are good, IMHO. I still prefer the feel of my worked-over, old, beater of an M40. But the chnages are good, IMO.

Did a quick field strip and clean/lube, then fired 6 clips worth, and a clip from my M40. Not a single problem. I am used to PT night sights, and shoot better with them, but it is fun to play with the traps again. I will probably leave the traps on and use this as an IDPA gun.

trigger needs some help, a big dose of creep is noted on slow, aimed shots. I'll have to relearn about taking the subassembly out and all that stuff.

Overall, an excellent pistol.

Ben

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Shot the M40A1 in an IDPA today and took second in my class. Would have had 2nd overall, but I wasted time when I went back to a target that I actually didn't need to, and consequently had to change mags. Blew that stage and that was it for high place overall. I doubt I'll ever catch the top guy.

The M40A1 shoots fast, man. We had to shoot distance on a tiny target, then run up to another cover area and shot another "barricaded" target. I just sprayed 5 shots at the close one, and got 4 in the head zone. One guy thought it might've went FA on me!

The Steyr was and has been flawless since purchased. Saw 2 guns stop up today, one was a 1911 .45. Anyone care to guess what the other was....?

Go Steyr!

Ben

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Ill Bite.....

A Glock????

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

DING DING DING DING

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bigtaco