Awesome support from SAI!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by sreinschmidt, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sreinschmidt

sreinschmidt Guest

:D I bought an M40 years ago when they first came out. I really liked how the M40 feels in the hand and features such as the loaded chamber indicator. But my M40 had a hard, inconsistent trigger pull and even worse, was not reliable. Every 2 or 3 clips it would fail to reset the trigger and I had to cycle the slide before it would fire again. I procrastinated doing anything about it and after awhile, the original importer had gone out of business. So I took it to a local gun smith. When I got it back from the gun smith, I could not pull the slide back with out pulling the trigger. I put the gun in my safe and forgot about it for years. A few weeks ago, a local gun shop told me about SAI and gave me their number. Jeff at SAI told me to send the gun to him. He installed a new trigger system including many A1 parts and got the gun back to me in a couple of days. He did this free of charge even though the gun was years old (I can’t even remember exactly when I bought it) and another gun smith had messed it up. I fired 130 rounds through it this week end and it worked flawlessly. The trigger is now smooth and consistent. Jeff, (if you ever read this) YOU ROCK! :D

2. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Wow - that's excellent! Congrats on getting your Steyr good-to-go! And thanks for the report. :D

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

sorry to hear you needed service in the first place but glad to hear SAI took care of you.

4. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday Guest

Cudo's to Jeff at SAI. Way to be!!!!

8)

5. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I can't say enough good things about the guys at SAI ... I got good customer service from them as well.

6. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

A PLUS1

I think if every company did business the way Steyr does,we would all be better off.I used them once,and they are first rate,good people make good business.

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Gives us some comfort given the recent Steyr corporate soap opera

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Great to hear that SAI's outstanding customer service continues.

In all of the concern regarding Steyr's future that has been written about one thing has remained constant: the outstanding level of customer service that is being provided by SAI.

Buzz

9. louishob

louishob Premium Member

SAI repaired my M357 A1 even though technically I had voided the warranty by coating the slide. They didn't charge me either.

Also, in a discussion over the phone, the SAI folks said the European parent company for Steyr has finally started to listen to its US subsidiary. SAI is expecting to get the firearms they need at the prices they asked for real soon. They're also expecting the parent company to agree to advertising Steyr products in the US.

10. Ungarotonto

Ungarotonto Guest

Kudos to SAI as well...

..... I do not know how they did it: I sent Monday my Steyr for repair, I got it back on Wednesday afternoon. Springs changed, extractor changed etc... no charge...

How is this for CS?

(I just have to see if the damn thing shoots reliably now....)

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Well I certainly hope they get the S40-A1 in stores soon because I was looking at an XD-9 Subcompact an hour ago and that little monster feels good in my hands. Kinda pushed the PPK/S down a notch on my priority list.

Did I ever mention how nice it is to have a gun store two blocks from my house?

12. smores

smores Guest

Jeez I don't even have a beer/liquor store that close :( Almost, but just outside of 2 blocks I'd say. Nearest gun shop to me is down the street from work (13 miles out).

13. zero

zero New Member

Dang ! And I thought a gun store 2 miles away from my house is the s#*t. :D

14. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

posterboy7 wrote:
    Well I certainly hope they get the S40-A1 in stores soon because I was looking at an XD-9 Subcompact an hour ago and that little monster feels good in my hands. Kinda pushed the PPK/S down a notch on my priority list.

Did I ever mention how nice it is to have a gun store two blocks from my house?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zero wrote:

Dang ! And I thought a gun store 2 miles away from my house is the s#*t.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How come you guys aren't bankrupt by now?