AUG STG77

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Raffy Kouyoumdjian, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

Nice! Have you sighted it in yet? I had a heck of a time getting the sight on target, there isn't a whole lot of room under the sight for a coin or your fingers. I really like the classic sling Steyr sells, matches the STG77 well. Only wish it came with instructions, as it's not a 100% reproduction of the original sling from what I can tell in pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Raffy Kouyoumdjian

Raffy Kouyoumdjian New Member

Thank you.

I have not sighted it in yet. Next week hopefully.

I need to buy a sling. Trying to find my 30 rnd mags from years ago that are in a box after we moved recently.

Beautiful guns.

3. STGirl

STGirl Member

The 'safety lock key' for your A1 pistol works perfectly for adjusting the STG scope.
    Place the round portion in the slot as you would a coin, then rotate using the blade for leverage.
    :)

Following2dp likes this.
  4. Rufio

Rufio Member

The slings are not reproductions of the original slings, they are the same exact original sling.

I have a few original A1 slings and they are identical to current production slings with one exception, the early slings had a plastic ring. New slings since the 90's have a metal ring.

Also fwiw, your sling isn't installed correctly.

stg77owner likes this.
  5. stg77owner

stg77owner New Member

Raffy Kouyoumdjian likes this.
  6. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

Rufio, thank you for the reply, I'm sure I have the sling on there all jacked up lol Do you have a good picture of how it's supposed to be installed? I had a hell of a time finding actual pictures of the Austrian military sling, and the rectangular plastic piece I see on the original imported AUGs is a metal D ring on mine, which is what I meant by not 100%. Didn't know they switched to the metal ring in the 90's. Seems like most people are using 3 points these days, but I like 2 points more.

7. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

This is good info, I'll have to give it a try next time I take it out. :)