Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at work while a client was shooting our AUG (could be an A1, I'll have to verify), the scope crapped out. Not sure what happened, when I was preparing the gun for the client the scope was fine, and then after a few shots he couldn't see anything out of it, which I confirmed.

I think (but am not sure) that the forward most lens may have shattered. I did find lens shaped pieces of glass and an o-ring at the shooting position.

Anyways, I just wanted to put out some feelers to find out if it's possible to have these optics repaired and/or find replacement parts. We're in central Europe.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took a closer look at it today. Interesting to see that it is a Malaysian gun. Also, I checked the pieces of glass that I found and they are definitely optical glass.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Guten Tag und willkommen.
I assume it is one of the older Aug with build in scope since it is a Malay Aug.
I assume you mean the scope just turn black/fuzzy and can’t see anything? If so, one of the internal lenses is dislocated.
As far as I know, no one repairs the scope internal. You can only take out the entire scope internal and swap w a good unit. Have you contacted the steyr Austria and see if you can get a rebuild one?
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I mean a lens is broken, and I found pieces of it in the shooting stall.

Here are some photos.

Don't know why the photos uploaded upside down...

Plumbing fixture Rectangle Art Material property Wood

Grey Font Wood Rectangle Pattern
Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Composite material

Body jewelry Jewellery Nickel Silver Auto part

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Synthetic rubber Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very sad and sorry to see that. Not sure if steyr Austria will help you on this because it is not an Austria made one. Looks like it is the rear eye piece fell off?
Do a search and see if you can get a spec on that piece glass and get a same spec replacement. Sorry, can’t be more help for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts