AUG confusion

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Bittrich, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

OK guys,

Help me out here. I know Sabre Defense is out of the picture. Who, if anyone yet, is making the AUG A3's? If they are being manufactured are there any issues? Are there any significant changes from the Sabre Defense version?
    I've been out of the loop for awhile and am looking at bullpups including the AUG and the FS2000.

Bittrich

2. Talyn

Talyn New Member

From the looks of the other thread, nobody else really knows whats going on either, though I think I saw somebody mention that the test models are not going so well.

I'm sad about this saber defence thing. I should look in my catalog from them to see if its in there. I know a guy who works there.

3. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

Man, if that is so, that is a shame. I kick myself for not jumping before while they were available. Although, I must confess, I really, really like the FS2000 as well. Here is to hoping the AUG can be successfully resurected.

Bittrich

4. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

Re: AUG confusion (NEW INFO)

Guys,

I have some information about the current status of American made AUG's. (Note: Moderators, if this is redundant or otherwise inappropriate, please do what you have to do).

I had a conversation with Pete at PJ's SteyrAUG just this morning (September 15, 2012) regarding the current status of the American made Steyr AUG, post Sabre Defense. According to him, Steyr receiver castings are now machined by Vltor and then shipped to Steyr Arms in Trussville for assembly, final finishing and test firing. Some of this is addressed on Steyr Arms website, here:

http://www.steyrarms.com/news/items/article/press-release-auga3-returns-in-august/?tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=3a70f8e22ec3b9745f5cf2152eccd2c9

PJ's sells three models of the AUG from $1999 to $2250, the first 650 with Sabre Defense machined receivers (these were retrieved apparently after the raid at Sabre Defense) and those that follow machined by Vltor as identified here:

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/USAUG.html

I hope this helps.

Bittrich

5. manChild_762

manChild_762 New Member

Only problem I have with the FS2000 is that if you are shooting at an really high angle, 90 degree from ground level, it will insta-jam and it will be nasty at that. The way the FS2000 ejects spent cartridges, it will work back into the action, which relys on gravity the momentum of the ejection process to slowly push the spent cartridges out the ejection port.
    Not a real issue, but it's a huge problem if you plan on using it in urban environments. You know when the zombies attack and all.

6. manChild_762

manChild_762 New Member

Dude I would love to get the ones made by Vltor. No offense to Sabre fans, but I like Vltor much more.

7. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

Yeah, well that would suck...:(

Bittrich