Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and ran the aug and L9A2 in two gun. Have a few videos I need to get online but found that the removable locktite did not keep the shell defector on, came off after 4th round so if you are running it might want to double down on it or even use some hot glue on the end of the screws as a additional option to keep them in place. L9 ran from 10-50 yards without issue and is a very flat shooter. Aug got hits from 10-250 yards without issue. I will add about 2 days before I added the blue thread locker to it and after maybe 120 rounds it came loose so a good item to check.

·
Registered
738 Posts
When installing the case deflectors I always Torque then to 12 in-lB and use red loctite and let it set for 24hrs . Other big thing to do is to make sure there is no grease when installing or oils On the threads

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maybe that was my issue. I used blue, took a bit to come loose but still had to pull it off. Was surprised, but I was doing the blue so I could convert it back for desert brutality requirements if nov stays the same as last year. I was going to do a Glock gen 1 and as close to issued aug as I can

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The Steyr pistols work great in 2g/3g for me until...the local match started adding flippers every match. I want more hammer than 9mm offers, and more capacity than a 12-rd M40A1 mag offers. So I’ve been taking my LTD gun to those matches, a 5” .40 cal M&P with 20 rd mags of 180 gr at 950fps. That gets the flippers moving. Other matches, I use the M9A1.

Reactions: Zudrick

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Steyr pistols work great in 2g/3g for me until...the local match started adding flippers every match. I want more hammer than 9mm offers, and more capacity than a 12-rd M40A1 mag offers. So I’ve been taking my LTD gun to those matches, a 5” .40 cal M&P with 20 rd mags of 180 gr at 950fps. That gets the flippers moving. Other matches, I use the M9A1.
Yeah for spinners I tend to like my usp 45. Although I’ve done it with the steyr and a 226. Agreed the poppers and spinners are nice with some extra power. On that note running heavy metal(45/308) division makes spinners pretty easy. Scar 17 was three shots to spin it. that said the pistol spinner at desert brutality up in Prescott az (2019 I think) timed me out with a l9a1, but I did hear only 3 shooters that day got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts