Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Forum newbie here, and I just happen to have completed my purchase of my AUG A3 SA! I'm pretty excited about it, naturally.

I fully plan on putting some form of optic on the weapon at some point, but until I decide on which, I'm itching to get out and shoot. The only question I have is: what sort of iron or battle sights do you all recommend? I can't seem to find any sort of consensus. I have a spare set of MAGPUL MBUS sights that I took off my M4, but I'm wondering if those will really be effective?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance. After reading through several other threads here, I really value this community's knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

The good thing about a rail is that you can try until you're happy. I'd shoot the MAGPUL sights, then decide whether I liked them or not. There are sooo many choices, that trying could be expensive. Midwest Industries seemed to have a lot of BUIS as well.

Then again, you could always make them yourself. On the Weapons Guild site there are a number of excellent homemade sights. Think about how the QS on the Caracal works. You may want to try putting the ring and the post close together out at the end of the rail. Getting the ring next to the post, by definition, keeps them in alignment, you have to put the post on the target and in the ring and you're good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Magpul was the only one which survived undamaged when dropped on the sights. This makes the case for me. Also if you get the 2020 precision longer rail, you will find the open sights have enough distance to actually be useful. Ratworx has that part. (no I do not work for them or rep them in any way, just like the stuff they carry). Actually, I had to cut down the front end of the 2020 rail to fit the flash hider for my suppressor, but not by much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts