Aug A1 loading issues

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by SRT10Venomous, May 15, 2013.

1. SRT10Venomous

SRT10Venomous New Member

Hey guys, just got in my Steyr AUG A1, with 5 original clips and 4 new 42 round clips, Im trying to load in the .223 ammo i have here at the house and it does not seam to want to stay in any of the mags, the first round will hold the second and so on just pop out when you move your hand off.. I managed to get in about 6 rounds and figured it would hold but then they just shoot out of the clip.. I was wondering if there is a slight size difference with the 557ammo that will make them work better ? and if you can only use that? anyhow anyone have any tips on this ??

Thanks,

2. Demigod

Demigod New Member

Congrats on the AUG! The casings of the 223 and 5.56 on the outside are the same size, so it shouldn't matter which one you use. I'm not sure what could be your problem since you said the old and new mags are all doing the same thing. You should call up Steyr Arms and talk to Jeff or Herbert they are always a big help. Hope you solve your issues...

3. mrar15

mrar15 New Member

Got a AUG A3 recently and I found that the mag is very sensitive to the ammo being use. Mine doesn't popped out like you described; however, when insert the mag, the first round pop out most of the time, particularly the dummy snap cap round that I used for trainning. The real ammo seemed to feed better; however, if insert the mag at a decent speed, the top round might got knock out. The bad thing is that if you don't pay attention and release the bolt, double feed will likely the result. I think the bolt catch is the issue here, sometime it touched back end of the casing and knock it off the mag. Other than that it's great rifle....