Are you a Steyr apostle?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MrFletch, Sep 14, 2017.

1. MrFletch

MrFletch Active Member

Just wanted to share this.

My best bud is an avid shooter and we chat daily during my 30 minute commute to the salt mine about many things but typically a day doesn't pass when the topic of guns isn't brought up. I guess I might mention Steyr's enough that he laughingly said its like Im trying to convert him from HK, CZ, Sig etc.

I found this pic and tweaked it to fit that narrative and sent it to him.

Do you find yourself acting like a Steyr advocate at times?

Attached Files:

MicPop, Case, bradberry and 2 others like this.

2. Case

Case Active Member

lol thats awesome

3. ihatecars

ihatecars Member

357SIG is a loud round and it's not hard to have a people or two look over at my lane to see what kind of "magnum" I'm shooting. People are usually friendly enough I let them shoot my stock M357-A1.

After a mag, you can see all sorts of thinking going on inside their head as they come up to me and ask where I got the trigger job done..... :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    MicPop and SurfGent like this.
  4. SurfGent

SurfGent Active Member

You load your own rounds?

5. ihatecars

ihatecars Member

Um... nope. I wish tho.

SurfGent likes this.
  6. SurfGent

SurfGent Active Member

Reloading really isn't that hard or expensive to get into. And you save alot of $ rolling your own. You do need a small desk or bench area to do it. But once you start reloading you'll never go back. Plus the custom aspect, playing around with different bullet weights and powders. Your accuracy will go threw the roof.

Joemb likes this.
  7. Joemb

Joemb Member

I second this. Once I started reloading, the only ammo I'll buy is defensive carry ammo and birdshot. Especially not buying .357 Sig when I can load it for 10-12 cents per round.

SurfGent likes this.
  8. LinzTexas

LinzTexas Member

Apostle nope, advocate at times.
    I also like CZ, Tanfoglio, Glock, Tikka ... but there is something unique about Steyr stuff.

9. mangobot

mangobot New Member

Same, I wouldn't say apostle, but I do think Steyr sidearms are woefully underappreciated.

Bittrich likes this.
  10. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

Generally Steyr speaks quite well for themselves. I do have a tendency to introduce people to Steyr firearms. Steyr handguns, AUG and others are usually a very pleasant surprise to those who fire them. I love Steyr, always have, but good Lord their marketing is...let’s just say, less than optimum.

MicPop and Case like this.
  11. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I've shown off my L9A1 to several friends. Most all had never heard of one but were quite impressed with the ergos.

T

12. battlerifleelitist

battlerifleelitist New Member

I usually talk everyone's ear off about whatever new I've got.
    Maybe I just like b-llsh-tting, maybe I just own only what I love