Are you a Steyr apostle?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MrFletch, Sep 14, 2017.

1. MrFletch

MrFletch Active Member

Just wanted to share this.

My best bud is an avid shooter and we chat daily during my 30 minute commute to the salt mine about many things but typically a day doesn't pass when the topic of guns isn't brought up. I guess I might mention Steyr's enough that he laughingly said its like Im trying to convert him from HK, CZ, Sig etc.

I found this pic and tweaked it to fit that narrative and sent it to him.

Do you find yourself acting like a Steyr advocate at times?

Attached Files:

Detonics, MicPop, Case and 3 others like this.
  2. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

lol thats awesome

Detonics likes this.
  4. ihatecars

ihatecars Member

357SIG is a loud round and it's not hard to have a people or two look over at my lane to see what kind of "magnum" I'm shooting. People are usually friendly enough I let them shoot my stock M357-A1.

After a mag, you can see all sorts of thinking going on inside their head as they come up to me and ask where I got the trigger job done..... :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. SurfGent

You load your own rounds?

6. ihatecars

ihatecars Member

Um... nope. I wish tho.

SurfGent likes this.
  7. SurfGent

Reloading really isn't that hard or expensive to get into. And you save alot of $ rolling your own. You do need a small desk or bench area to do it. But once you start reloading you'll never go back. Plus the custom aspect, playing around with different bullet weights and powders. Your accuracy will go threw the roof.

Joemb likes this.
  8. Joemb

Joemb Member

I second this. Once I started reloading, the only ammo I'll buy is defensive carry ammo and birdshot. Especially not buying .357 Sig when I can load it for 10-12 cents per round.

SurfGent likes this.
  9. LinzTexas

LinzTexas Member

Apostle nope, advocate at times.
    I also like CZ, Tanfoglio, Glock, Tikka ... but there is something unique about Steyr stuff.

SurfGent likes this.
  10. mangobot

mangobot New Member

Same, I wouldn't say apostle, but I do think Steyr sidearms are woefully underappreciated.

SurfGent and Bittrich like this.
  11. Bittrich

Bittrich Premium Member

Generally Steyr speaks quite well for themselves. I do have a tendency to introduce people to Steyr firearms. Steyr handguns, AUG and others are usually a very pleasant surprise to those who fire them. I love Steyr, always have, but good Lord their marketing is...let’s just say, less than optimum.

SurfGent, MicPop and Case like this.
  12. Thomas

Thomas Member

I've shown off my L9A1 to several friends. Most all had never heard of one but were quite impressed with the ergos.

T

SurfGent likes this.
  13. battlerifleelitist

battlerifleelitist New Member

I usually talk everyone's ear off about whatever new I've got.
    Maybe I just like b-llsh-tting, maybe I just own only what I love

SurfGent likes this.
  14. MicPop

MicPop Active Member

Yupppppp

SurfGent likes this.
  15. MTstakes

MTstakes New Member

Bolt-action Steyrs are the first thing I look for at a gun shop's used rifle rack. If there's one (or more) there, the seller usually seems gratified that someone is asking after an overlooked gem. I guess they're just too far outside the norm for a lot of shooters.

SurfGent likes this.
  16. CDiehl

CDiehl New Member

Yup waited over fourth years before finding my old model L again and it’s mine now. Till death do us part.

SurfGent likes this.
  17. Garatshay

Garatshay Member

Yes, I do indeed. One of the biggest selling points is the great pricing compared to some of the 'big names'.

SurfGent likes this.
  18. Sconnierider

Sconnierider New Member

Ha! That pic is pretty funny. In conversations with other hunters, I do find myself explaining Steyr rifles. Not defending them, that would imply that they had actually heard of them before. It's more like sharing a secret with the uninitiated. You just know that they go home and open the safe and look at their Rem, Savage, Win, Browning and utter a WTF.........

SurfGent likes this.
  19. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

The guys I shoot with know I like my Steyr. Unfortunately I'm not doing a great job selling them on the M9. I've had some failure to extract issues in front of everyone while shooting the FBI qualifier course of fire. I got the new extractor from Steyr, but still had some issues. There was a lot of repetitive drawing in that course of fire, so I'm not sure if my support thumb was riding the slide and causing issues. Next up is adding the 1911 plunger spring to see if that helps.

Regardless of the issues, I do like my Steyr. I'm a bit of a trigger snob and the trap sights and ergonomics are great for me. Plus, I just cannot get on the Glock bandwagon. I hate them.

SurfGent likes this.
  20. MrFletch

MrFletch Active Member

I get it, it’s hard to keep up with Glock perfection especially when they keep redefining its meaning.

Classified likes this.