Are these aftermarket extended magazines OK?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ihatecars, May 28, 2020.

1. ihatecars

ihatecars Member

Just a short video about round counts you can play while brewing coffee or something.

https://joespawnshop.net/Steyr-Magazines_c42.htm
    Has anyone tried their aftermarket products? I found them while looking to buy some more magazines for 357 just for the cool factor of having it stamped but they're $40/ea on official website but if I could have 20-rounder for the same price I would like to go that way as long as they work fine.

I can only assume they make extended magazines for such unpopular gun like Steyr pistols because they're local to Steyr USA.

2. DireSteyr

DireSteyr New Member

I haven't tried them personally but from what I've heard they are really bad. I can't confirm but Ive heard that they are pro mags made for another gun with the mag catch cut added in so it will fit a steyr.

3. Housertl

Housertl Active Member

Promag Browning Hi Power mags fit and lock up with no modification. Function requires cutting a small notch between the feed lips on the rear wall of the mag.

Reliable function in the one I have required switching to a Steyr mag follower and a Wolff extra power spring for a Glock 33 round mag.

ihatecars and Case like this.
  4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Don't buy them they don't WORK !!!
    Joe's pawn shop was talked about some time ago and it was NOT GOOD AT ALL..
    If you what a Extended magazine for the Steyr you can use Smith and Wesson M and P mags and modify them to work . Tnsteyr has the information on his Facebook page and Has talked about in his videos

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

FWIW, I had no luck in any of my Steyrs with getting reliable fxn of any retrofitted “other” magazines.