AR15 upgraded

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by aubie515, May 18, 2007.

1. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I just put on the CTR stock and my Pmags finally arrived. My FDE P mags are on the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Vewy, Vewy Nice!!!!!

:D

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very cool, but bad timing... I'm starting to get the AR itch and your pictures are a bad influence. :p Good job!

4. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Well, when most people have an itch they tend to scratch it, so you might want to do the same thing. I've owned a bunch of ARs in the past and can say they are my favorite rifle platform. I love my DPMS LR 308 to death and I upgraded some items on that rifle this evening as well. I added a Magpul MIAD grip because the Royal Arms grip I had one the rifle was only suited for RH shooters. I also did a trigger job by replacing the factory heavy trigger with the JP spring kit. It has brought the trigger pull down to around 4.5 lbs and was under $10 to purchase.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Quite a fashion statement in a gunny sort of way.

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that's a really good looking rifle.

a dpms flattop in .308 is in my future. but it's a distant future!!

glad to hear you like yours. i was gonna go lurk on the ar board when the time came, but nice to get some feedback right of the bat.

7. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I actually owned two DPMS LR rifles. I sold the unfired 24" SS because the 18" rifle did everything that I needed. I am planning on refinishing the Badger handguard in OD today, then I will post some pictures.

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Very cool. Good thing my itch is scatched for a while!

Buzz

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Aubie, how do you like the Magpull stock compared to a standard, noisy calapable one?

10. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

There is no comparison between the CTR over the 6 position. The CTR stock has no side to side movment at all. The 6 position is loose and is not nearly as sturdy as the CTR. I bought the CTR kit which included the mil spec buffer tube as well. Make sure you find out if your current buffer tube is mil spec or not because Magpul also offers the commercial CTR stock.