App crashing

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Chargin, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Chargin

Chargin New Member

I would say that at least half of the threads I try to read crash the app on my iPhone running ios 7.0.4. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

2. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

I certainly have this issue, but mine is more like a 80% crash rate. Took three attempts just to get into this one to type a response. Hopefully it goes thru...
    I know I keep saying it, sure it is neat for some to say the club has its own specific app, but please I prefer to have it back in the main Tapatalk app that is stable and full featured, like this forum used to be.

3. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin Administrator

Can you remove the app, and reinstall to make sure you have a version with all the newest adjustments?

Also, are you in the Iphone or Android version of the app?

4. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

Sorry to be a pain, but it is frustrating.
    I am in the iPhone app, on a iPhone 5s that is current on everything. I just now did the delete/reinstall with no change in performance. The first one I tapped let me into the thread so i was hopeful, but the next thread crashed as well as the next four attempts at other threads, including the one I was just able to access. I am responding now on the computer after three attempts to get into this thread in the iPhone app.

5. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin Administrator

We're waiting on a TapaTalk update in code, just confirmed it will happen soon, but no cemented date.

I apologize for the trouble, this was meant to be helpful, not hurtful.

6. Chargin

Chargin New Member

I have also tried to delete and reinstall the app multiple times with no luck.

7. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin Administrator

OK. I'm following up with TapaTalk as to when we can expect the update.

8. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin Administrator

We are updating now and it will resolve the issues.

Sorry it took so long. I was waiting for them to fix their software and just found an app developer to push these updates along.

9. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member

Unfortunately, I never could get it to work on my Galaxy S4. Had to uninstall it.

10. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

Tapatalk working again on this forum....

11. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

SWEET! Using the Tapatalk app now. Searched and found the Steyr Club there, logged in and have been poking around ... Been able to open every thread I try without a crash, even the subscribed ones that would boot me out every time! Even able to respond to this now on the phone. And I have the Dark Theme preference going. Now I can check the club in my daily routine again.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

12. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Works just fine on my Android phone (Razr Maxx)

:D

13. ThorInc

ThorInc New Member

Steyrclub gone from Tapatalk again....

14. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin Administrator

15. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 Member

New post to old thread. I can no longer access the Steyr Club on my iPhone. So I deleted the App and reinstalled it using the App Store. When I try to log in, I get the following: "This forum is currently not available, please try again later." Is the App no longer available for iPhone or is there another way to install it. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

16. Austin

Austin Administrator

I got a 404 when I went to install it. Thanks for letting us know! I will update this thread once we have a solution in place.

17. grover

grover Member

I've had this behavior for past couple months with both Android (tablet) and iOS devices (phone and tablet). Been a real pain as I don't use the web interface like i am now. Just wanted to see if this has been resolved. Which it has not as I just tried installing Android app and got 404 error.

18. Austin

Austin Administrator

We're working on it. Hopefully I'll know more soon.

Sorry for the issue!

19. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

20. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 Member