Anything New from Steyr at the 07' Shot Show?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Gray_Wolf, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

The SHOT show started today (Jan. 11)... if anyone hears anything new about Steyr products post the info here :)

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I have a good friend at the show who will be going to the Steyr exhibit as soon as he can.

Buzz

3. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

I looked at the exhibitor's list and didn't see Steyr-Mannlicher listed. Are they at the SHOT Show?

4. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

Steyr Arms, Inc was listed in the directory to be in booth space 1069....went by there today -- it was empty and being used by a neighboring booth as sitting space...

I'll check with the floor manager tomorrow to see if they were moved (I walked the entire exhibit hall floor and didn't see them), otherwise we can consider them a no-show... :cry:

5. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I do know that a display was built for the show. The carpenter who built is shoots at my range.

Buzz

6. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

No Show

I posted before that if Steyr wants to be a player in the U.S. they would have to spend some money on advertizing.This show would of been there way of saying,Look Im here and I have one of the best hand guns in the world.To bad they could not hire someone to man thier booth at the show.

7. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

Booth space 1069 (listed as Steyr's) continued to sit vacant today -- and used as sitting space by Heritage Arms.

It's safe to say that Steyr was a no-show for Show Show 2007...

8. charmincarmens

Free

Since I bought my M9 I have been telling and showing everyone what a fine gun it is.Every chance I get when I am at the range I let sonmeone hold it and inspect it.I keep giving Syeyr Free advertizing but have nothing to back it up.You can't find a Steyr in this area to buy.What a sad way to do busness.

9. charmincarmens

Re: Free

Please excuse my spelling,I'm just a little upset.

10. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Steyr is typical of a company run by technicians ... they have zero understanding of how to employ effective marketing and worse, how vitally important marketing is.

Their magazine ad campaign was an excellent start, but if they can't be bothered to show up at SHOT even if they don't have anything new and exciting I just can't see them thriving in the US market.

Someday they will wake up and realize that they can sell a metric ton more guns to US civilians than all the police forces of Europe (which seems to be their primary market, or rather the primary market they are working toward).

I imagine technical types in countries like Austria would never have thought in entrepreneurial terms since they have been workers for the state industries most of their adult lives ... they need an American or two on staff running their marketing (I volunteer ... but only if they open a satellite office for me here in Colorado Springs ... and I'm somewhat qualified as I'm already Creative Director for a publishing company)

11. SonofZ3

SonofZ3 Guest

Darn straight guys. It was the full page "Ready Aim Steyr" Ads that brought the M-A1 to my attention. If it wasn't for that ad, I'd be shooting a different pistol right now. A good start, but there needs to be more. Perhaps something like "Tired of other shooters always getting the girl? Be a Glock Blocker and get in on the action."

12. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

This whole thing is perplexing. Here locally in Georgia we heard that the display is being built and that there was going to be some exciting new products introduced. Now, no one from Steyr shows at the single most important gun event in the US. It doesn't make sense.

Considering that the major sticking point that people have with Steyr is that there is little or no support for their products, if this ends up being the case, a no-show, then they have shot themselves in the foot. If SHOT is a no-show all that does is support the continuing fears of the guys who will buy another Glock or an XD instead. I've got to imagine that they will show up.

The show runs through Sunday so I hope that they will be there today or tomorrow through Sunday.

Buzz

13. charmincarmens

Why I bought a Steyr

That is exactly how I bought my M9.I saw the full page ad in the magazine from the NRA.Had I not cut that ad out of the magazine and hung it on my board at work,and looked at it for a couple of months ,I would of bought a H&K.I new nothing of Steyr before that article.

14. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Hey, I've got dibs, I could ride my bike to work from here.

Buzz

15. charmincarmens

auto

How would you look pulling up to Steyr and trying to buy a gun there on a bke? :p :D

16. neviv

neviv New Member

I was also looking for a glock odi green then at our gun show then Mr. Macariolla (author of firearms book) introduce me the M40A1 I was hesistant to purchase but because of his good assessment on steyr so got it.

17. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Really dumb business move.

18. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

Today was my last day working the show. I'll not be there Saturday and Sunday.

I doubt the Austrians will come all the way over to set up a booth mid-show, but maybe I'm wrong. The directory had half a dozen or so contact people listed for the Steyr booth -- so something happened from the time they signed up and showtime.

I would have at least expected the Georgia-based folks to show up -- even if they didn't have a full blown booth. That is, unless the Cummings, GA affiliation with Steyr has become as short-lived as the Mississippi operation was.... :?

19. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"That is, unless the Cummings, GA affiliation with Steyr has become as short-lived as the Mississippi operation was.... "

Yes, that is the most potentially worrisome aspect of having a complete no-show for current owners.