Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Industry News' started by madecov, Feb 12, 2006.
Just wonderin, and what have they said or mentioned.
A guy from the CCW board was there and is shipping me the literature that they had. I'll post it when it gets here if there is anything interesting.
Did you see my AUG post in the Rumors thread? not much info, but if it was posted on the internet it must be true.
LOL. yeah, must be true.
I was wondering if they said anything about the availability of holsters especially from makers like Safariland.
I'm at McCarren Int'l Airport (LV) right now heading home after a fun time at SHOT.
I visited (and drooled at) the Steyr booth. Better yet, I chatted with Jack Riddle (who may be reading this!) from Steyr Arms, Inc. in Cumming, GA. He is a customer service rep.
We discussed this club, which is known amongst and visited by his peers (but I think we all knew that). Other discussions included (with responses):
- parts availability: still building the inventory; I told Mr. Riddle about my HC'd M40 and her need for a second generation trigger assembly (with the pin in the middle)...he told me to contact Steyr in Cummings and they will set me up...which I will!!!,
- customer service/repairs: contact Steyr for what you need; they will be very responsive to what you need; I told Mr. Riddle about my problematic M357...he told to send it over to them for repair....sweet,
- future of the S-A1 series: they will be available in 9mm and .40 S&W; I fondled a S9A1 there and it has a remarkable trigger pull with very short (and definitive) trigger reset....this gun is definitely on my "must buy" list (!!!!); I forgot to ask if their will be a "S357A1" nor did I ask when the S9A1 and S40A1 would be available....AAARRRGGGHHHH! (sorry!),
- availability of the AUG A3: well, the good news...several were displayed there (and they are AWESOME!!!); the bad news..... they will not be available for another 12 to 18 months (approx.) and they may not be available for sale to private citizens when they are out instead solely being available for agency/individual LEO sale; a big concern for Steyr is the DOS sanction which MAY be the reason for their trepidation; I informed Mr. Riddle that the success of that rifle will be incumbent upon private citizen availability not just availability to us LEOs....that said, I informed him that I would purchase one if available through my local LE dealer and I would show it to everyone and their mother if it would possibly entice my FBI or other LE counterparts to purchase them as well...Steyr wants the LE world to embrace their weapons to include the AUG; folks, Mr. Riddle was not 100% sure what Steyr Austria is going to do regarding the AUG;
- other stuff: there will be no long slide A1's.
I also visited Mec Gar and met their wonderful friendly founder/president Edoardo Racheli. This man is a total gentleman who was thrilled that good buddy PW from the Beretta Forum and I recognized their products and went to visit their booth which was unfortunately empty at times. Steyr S mags will be making a comeback! I told Mr. Racheli that there is a dire shortage of S mags and we need them soon.
Crimson Trace will not produce any Steyr lasers....sorry.
I pretty much spent my time at the LE area and met good ole Jeff, aka jng1226....poor guy was on his feet pretty much the entire time I saw him there. He shared space with iShot (Helmie Ashiblie....great guy!) and Sprinco (Alan Dugger...another great guy!). There will be no Sprinco recoil reducers for Steyr for now unless demand for it reaches Alan (go online and ask Alan to make that item...I love my Sprinco on my EAA Witness 10mm).
Exciting products include S&W's M&P series handguns (yes there will be 9mm and 357 SIG versions)...that is a SWEET gun!!!! They also have a Stag-manufactured M&P15 which is an AR with lots of the aftermarket toys made standard like a rail and BUIS.
SIGARMS (oh SIGARMS....you will cause me to be poor) had displayed their 556 rifle...and oh what a rifle! It will be available to everyone (not just LEO's) some time around the end of the year. Oh yeah, lots of new pistols were displayed to include new GSR Revolution variants for you 1911 fans.
Kahr will have a TP45 which is the closest thing to a service sized pistol in their line. I met Kahr founder Justin Moon who was cool as heck. Moon will neither confirm or deny that there will be a PM45, but it will theoretically be equipped with a five-round mag. :wink:
Beretta.....I'm not happy with them; most of their folks there were extremely rude. The Vertec will disappear in favor of the Ninety-Two which will have a polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a rail. The Rx4 rifle won't be available for about 18 more months and forget about private citizen sales...that is, so far, not planned. Oh yeah, the Px4 handgun in their Type C is nice....Px4's in G (decocker, no manual safety), F (manual safety and decocker), C (Glock-type trigger with slick slide), and D (slick slide DAO) were present.
Walther will bring back the Anti Stress-triggered P99's 9mm and .40 in both full and compact sizes....yipee!!! I love my P99AS!
Well, gotta go catch a plane!
Thank you for the report.
I am hoping, pleading, wanting a decent duty holster for the MA1
SAFARILAND ARE YOU LISTENING
I'm sorry Madecov....I was at Safariland, but I forgot to ask if they were planning on making any products for the Steyr.
By the way, Glock had no new products....and I went to the Glock banquet which was really nice....great food and entertainment....all for the cost of purchasing a tie that night at the mall near Caesar's.
I'm very curious whether more holster manufacturers are going to make holsters for the A1 series or heck the soon to come SA1. Too bad the Berretta folks had to be rude I mean you'd think everyone at such a convention would be going out of their way to be nice to folks? I hear the same things about HK though as well.
I'm really happy that the SIG 556 is going to civilian legal soon and I know alot of people are going to be doing back flips about that. As for the AUG well they have to make the required parts here and can ship the rest in from Malaysia if they really want a civilian legal AUG A3. However, they would really have to keep the AUG around the $1,000.00 mark for civilian sales to take off and I don't know if that possible?
Anyways...sounds like you had a good time and thanks for the info.