Anyone tried this synthetic holster

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by bitten by the M9, Sep 3, 2007.

1. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/stmseblsyhon.html

I ordered a corporal punishment from Blue Line Leather back June 17th it hasnt arrived as of yet. I like the speed holster they are also selling, any faults with the synthetic one. Thanks

2. NicoX

NicoX New Member

It´s looks like a fast Glock holster..
    when it arrived you then tell how it works..
    I´m intrested but I buy last week one like that in e-bay, I think it´s arriving next week, here is a pic of it

[​IMG]
    By nicox_uru

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Be interested to know if that Fobus fits your Steyr. Fobus site does not list holsters for Steyr A1 models, only original M or S models.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

The CDNN polymer holster is for the M series. Not the A1 series.

I ordered the leather one and hope it arrives tomorrow

5. nuj

nuj New Member

hello to all, i saw a similar holster here at our local gunstore and the sales clerk swore its for the steyr, i tried it and sure enough it fits like a gloove. that holster is definetly for the 1st generation steyr and not for the new a1

6. NicoX

NicoX New Member

I think it´s arriving next week, I will PM you and send some pic´s.

7. nuj

nuj New Member

hi there Nicox,
    it did fit my 1st generation m40 but its tight. i think you have to use it regularly in order for it to loosen up. if you have an m-a1, the newest version, well, i'm sorry to say but it won't fit your gun :( . i think one of our moderator syntax360 has a holster for the new gun. try asking him where he purchase it ok :) .

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

There are a lot of holster manufacturers for the A1's - I really like my Blade-Tech, but luvmy40's custom jobs seems to be well worth considering for half the price...

9. NicoX

NicoX New Member

I have the latest S9-A1 i don´t think that it will fit ok :(

10. My CDNN package came today. I got the leather speed holster for the M series and it is super tight. Not the best quality but for $17 and having a steyr fit "it works". The synthetic came and I like the general look and feel but wouldn't you know it my sights dont allow me to use it. I have the SX night sights and the front sight sits up a bit to high for the holster, looking at the holster the grove for the front trap cannot be altered so now it is just a waiting game for the blue line leather to come in, and now that I am thinking about that I might run into the same problem. Might need to think about switching out the XS sights. Love these Steyrs but to finding great fits are looking like a problem.

Anyone have night sights installed and still allow you to use various makers of holsters? Thanks

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

https://steyrclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2420

12. rickgonz

rickgonz Member

The original Steyr synthetic holster for the M is a tight fit, and since it is hard plastic, it will not stretch over time. It will wear away somewhat the plastic rails on the inside, but I'm afraid it might scratch up the finish on the gun itself. You could use a file to lower the guide rails a bit. Not sure I will use it, but it's not a bad holster. I can't guarantee the robustness of the belt loops. After trying it a few times, not going to use it anymore.
    This picture is not very clear, but there are rails on both sides. And it is a pretty "fat" holster.
    I purchased the leather open high ride "Speed" holster and some nice looking Uzi knives at the same time. With those prices, how can you lose?
    [​IMG]
    More views.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. rickgonz

rickgonz Member

How do you like the Fobus holster?
    I've purchased a couple of Fobus holsters for my EAA Witness and the Steyr S. In both cases, I was disappointed as the holsters very obviously were made for SigSauers. Of course, if you push the Stery in, it will "fit". You would think they could afford to borrow some Steyrs to make the molds.

14. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

I use a Fobus for my Glock 17 when shooting IPSC. Its pretty fast and cheap. I don't really like the way its polished up the front corners of my slide though.

More manufacturers should offer injection molded holsters as entry level gear. I see Blade-Tech are starting to offer some for other models, hopefully they get one out for the Steyr soon.

[​IMG]
    http://www.blade-tech.com/Revolution-Tek-LOK-pr-1068.html

If anyone has some contacts at Blade Tech, put in a good word for a Revolution Steyr Model!

15. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Yes.. it`s fits old S&W and SigSauers.. gggrrrr !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

16. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Or Blackhawk......they have said that Steyr is on the radar but there are no plans to make them just yet....