Anyone had their Steyrs chromed?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Gray_Wolf, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

I always pick stainless over blued/black finish if possible, so was thinking of getting my M9 A1 chromed. Has anyone done it? Pics would be great

does it effect the reliability in any way? (don't know that much about chroming process :oops: )

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Had my M done by Tripp
    Didn't affect reliability except maybe making it a bit more slick

Easier to clean the slide also

Pics in the Photo gallery

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

all i know is that it looks slick, don't scratch, and is right priced for what you get. seeing tripp's work upclose via digi-cam, he's who i will use when i do it.

4. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

also IDPASteyr had his done by Tripp, and having seen that gun it does look awesome. I especially like the satiny finish as opposed the the super bling shiny usually associated w/ chrome.

5. srfl

srfl Guest

I had one of M40's slide done by Accurate Plating & Weaponry when it was located in Safety Harbor, FL.

6. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

and how do you like it now?

7. srfl

srfl Guest

The finish is fantastic. I've posted the photos here after getting it done last year. However the gun has had extractor issues which have been fixed....I used a longer 1911 plunger spring.

8. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

have you had the extracttion issues before the finish job?

9. srfl

srfl Guest

Yes, but it seems worse....but I have shot the gun more after the chrome job. It's going to Steyr USA for that reason and to get a new trigger assembly. It has the old assembly.