Anyone ever "Mexican Carry" their M?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Syntax360, May 13, 2006.

1. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

I'm just curious - right now I'm waiting on a Blade-Tech, so she won't be my carry piece for at LEAST 6 weeks. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable carrything the Steyr M series without a holster and with one in the pipe, but I have heard from a lot of Glock guys who carry their pistols like this. Crazy if you ask me. Anyone around these parts ever "go commando" when carrying their M or MA1?

2. soapyballs

soapyballs New Member

I've done it with my M40 & S9 but unless you have a T-shirt between the gun and your skin it's very uncomfortable. In Texas it gets pretty hot in summer and the gun sticks to your skin. I have a Blade-Tech but prefer my High Noon holster for comfort. I have an HBE on order & will give a review when it arrives.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Which High Noon? I was looking at a few of theirs. I hate the waits on these kinds of things.

4. jnclement

jnclement New Member

I did it some, but had Grandfather Oak make me a custom, tuckable IWB. Took them about 2 weeks. Set me back about $30.

5. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they got that idea from me. I used to use a Hidden Alley that I had modified to a 15 degree cant. It cause the grip to ride along my side better instead of sticking out like it originally did. I emailed the suggestion and the next thing I know they come out with The Split Decision.

Go figure :D

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I got a Hidden Ally in 4 days. It fits my Glock 19 a bit better than the M9 but it is servicable for $35. Don't go Mexican.