Anyone else get Steyr-bite?

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by paradox, Nov 16, 2007.

1. paradox

paradox New Member

2. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

:shock: The only time I got a mark like that was when I was purposely limp wristing it.
    How may rounds did you fire for that to happen?

Over on GlockTalk, there are some pretty good threads on how to mod the frame with that putty.
    Works good if prepped properly.

3. paradox

paradox New Member

310 rounds of .40S&W over the course of an hour.

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

(I was going to state the same thing Bullet)

One question, Does your pistol FTF?

See Ya,
    MTS

5. paradox

paradox New Member

Nope, no failures yet and I've been feeding it wallyworld UMC....

6. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

dang, looks rough.
    i've never had that, but I've never shot 310 rounds in one sitting, usually i shoot 80-120 rounds, after that I start getting sloppy.

7. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I wouldn't have a clue. I would recommend some grip tape and see if the pistol doesn't shift in your hand. Even when I shoot with sweaty hands and about 250 rounds, I have never had that experience.

Sorry,

MTS

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Steyr has such a large gap for the thumb web, it is unusual to get that......make sure that your hand is all the way in the space before shooting. People with very "fleshy" hands can have this happen. The number of rounds you shot shouldn't make any difference. Focus on not letting the hand recoil upwards when shooting.

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Wow, that looks weird. Never had any irritation of any kind shooting my M9. Now the Colt 1991-A1 with 45 Super, that's a different story.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

The more I study your photo, the more it looks like the distance between your "Steyr Bite" wounds is slightly longer than the distance between the lugs of the Steyr grip...

..tell us the truth.....

...you were bitten by a real vampire, weren't ya?

:wink: :wink:

11. jetsiphon

jetsiphon New Member

Shoot with gloves.

12. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

concerning the bite

I let a guy at the range shoot my m40a1 yesterday and it seemed to flip real high in his hands, which it does not do when I shoot. Maybe its a shooting style thing?????

about the link

Wow that actually quilifies as the ugliest gun I have ever set my eyes on

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I have a G29 with a grip reduction, but I have no idea how it was done. A Glock armorer in Kansas did the work and I got the pistol from the guy who bought it from him. He told me it was to reduce it to 1911-angle, which is 111-degrees, which is incidentally the same angle as our beloved Steyr MA1s.

[​IMG]

14. paradox

paradox New Member

It's probably due to my large hands. Lets put it this way, I find the DA trigger distance on a CZ-97 nice and comfy...

15. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I had Robar do the grip reduction on my Glock 27. They also NP3'd the slide and barrel.

[​IMG]

16. the steyrnator

the steyrnator Guest

Looks like the bite my friend got when he came down here to FLA. Hes a big guy and being from NY he dont shoot much. I think its a combo of shootin style and hand size. try makin sure you get the web between the thumb and index finger nice and tight under the back of the grip.

The 2nd amendment ensures all the others will remain