Anyone care to give me some holster recommendations?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by AllenTC2, Sep 13, 2007.

1. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Hey all, looking to get two holsters for my M9A1....

The first one needs to be OWB...paddle or belt is fine...but as it will be in view, I'm thinking black, leather, and IDPA/IPSC approved. I carry strong-side, and it'll be worn for CCW under an untucked shirt

As I either a) lose weight, or b) buy more larger-sized pants, I'll be looking for an IWB....only requirement there is it be usable in competition.

FWIW, I'm already leaning towards the K&D Holster's "Eagle" and "Laredo" Defender models, but I'll welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks!

2. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

A potentially great OWB holster, which is also IDPA approved, is the Blade-Tech SRB (Sting Ray Belt) holster. Its probably the next best thing to a Blackhawk Serpa.

I say "potentially" and "probably" because while I have a SRB, I haven't actually worn it yet since I flaked out while ordering and got it with belt loops that are too small. :? Fortunately, its modular so I have the right sized belt loop on order.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a 1.25" SR Belt Loop let me know.

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Blade-Tech, Stingray belt holster

[​IMG]

4. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Seems to be a penchant for kydex here! LOL It the Sting Ray that good of a holster? I'd really prefer leather for purely asthetic reasons.

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

OK, OK....

I admit it.......

I am kind of a "Kydex Snob"..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I used to think Fobus was the Shiz, But I now have more Blade Tech stuff by a wide margin.... even at twice the price!!!

OK, Ok....

Geeeeez......

It's true... I only have more Blade Tech because they make'em for a larger selection of pistols, which I have..... :p :p :p

Just wish they didn't take 6-8+ weeks to get here..... :? :? :?

AND, look at the bright side:

NO COWS were harmed to make the Kydex holsters!! :roll: :roll:

Can't beat that!!!!

8)

6. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Oooooooh, I think I found my holster!! Thanks SD, I had completely forgotten about High Noon Holsters.

7. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

How about shoulder rigs?

8. hedrok

hedrok Member

Kydex with a leather wrap

Just anothe idea.....FIST makes a bunch of holsters with leather on the outside and a Kydex liner......slick looking AND fast. You're definately right about the fugly....My favorite Fist is fast, shows nothing, comfortable, and fell down thru an ugly tree on its way to me.....but I really like the way it does the job :shock:

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The only shoulder rigs I have had are the Safariland GunQwik which is adjustable for a wide range of guns but had weak alligator clips, a generic Makarov which was dirt cheap and functional, and a good Galco special which is built like their Executive that I carry my PPK in.