Any Updates on MA1s or SA1s?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ministerofdeath, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,

Any updates from Steyr Arms yet on when they expect their next import shipment of MA1s and SA1s into the USA?

They aren't under some type of restriction still from that Iran thing are they?

Plus, do we know whether these are going to be next gen pistols (ie improved extraction, ejection) or will they just be more MA1s in the same configuration?

Heck, if they read this website Steyr has to know that there are simple things they could do to improve their pistol into an even more superior firearm.

I'm also hoping that this new finish I've heard talked about is used on these pistols.

Any updates would be great. Thanks.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Davidson's has recently gotten stock for a slew of M-A1's, but I don't know if they come with the new maanox finish or not. As far as I know, there are no plans on the table for improving the M-A1 designs, etc.

Are you referring to the Iran/HS50 "scandal" that was later proved to be bunk? As far as I know, they are under no new restrictions...

3. louishob

louishob Premium Member

Maanox finish ? Hadn't heard about that. I had heard that Steyr was going to move the loaded chamber indicator so spent shells wouldn't be gouged any longer. I heard this from the Steyr guys in Georgia a couple of months back. This was supposed to be happening pretty soon.