Any other Georgians here?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Glasshuten, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Glasshuten

Glasshuten New Member

I'm in Sandy Springs area of North Metro Atlanta and am looking for other Steyr M-A1 (or S-A1) owners to form a local club or just share in some shooting events. Let me know if you're out there and interested.

2. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

I did live in Cornelia (N of Gainsville) for 18mths. My Sis and her husband are still up there. He has a GB. He is also a Major for Habersham County. The public range just south of them is very nice.
    Man I do miss the mountains!

3. beretta

beretta New Member

Right here! In N.E. GA. Near Road Atlanta.

4. grovermurray

grovermurray New Member

Too bad I'm not in N.E. Georgia, but I do live in central Georgia. I'm about 30 minutes north of Macon.

5. Blindeye_03

Blindeye_03 New Member

Cool cool... I live an hour south of Macon and have family 30 minutes NorthWest of Atlanta.

6. scottmaxim24

scottmaxim24 New Member

Hey Glasshuten,

Yours truly located in ATL just south of Jimmy Carter Blvd. Got a Steyr M9-A1 and try to get out to the range every couple of weeks. I shoot in Lawrenceville at Bullseye on Crogan Road. Holler if you're looking for someone to split a lane!

Scott

7. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Alpharetta here.

Buzz

8. mikakeke

mikakeke Premium Member

Harris County just north of Columbus here

9. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I live in Nashville and will be in Kennesaw in a couple weeks. Can we meet after hours to send a few downrange? I have a M40A1, ParaOrdnance 2011, Baretta 92 and a SW 38Special that I'm bringing down to kill some time after my classes. I'll only be in town during the week.

Take Care,
    MTS

10. berkypil

berkypil New Member

I live in Athens and regularly shoot at the Elbert County Gun Club in Elberton, GA.

11. freakyp

freakyp New Member

Howdy,

I live in Downtown Decatur about 6 Miles east of Downtown Atlanta inside the loop.

Just checking in... Anyone know of a good outdoor range near Atlanta?

12. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

The best one that I know of, and is the one that I shoot at, is the DNR range at Wilson Shoals, this one: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM1XHN It's an excellent well-run facility, although rifle is only 80 yards.

From Alpharetta it's an hour and five minutes drive, which is why I haven't been there in a while, requiring pretty much the whole day. If you live anywhere by 85, or 285, it may not be too bad of a drive. There are other DNR ranges and maybe something is closer for you. There is at least one private club, I think called River Bend, that is supposed to have a primo facility, but is expensive to join.

13. goinpostal

goinpostal New Member

Though I have not been there myself(I deliver near there)there's a public range on the west end of Atlanta.Take I-285 to exit#2(Camp creek).Go west about 5mi. to what I think is Merc Rd.,and turn left.There are signs for the range on Camp Creek where you turn.I've been thinking about checking it out,but dont know if they will let me bobtail in from the QT truck stop where I take my 10hr break.I'm there 10 times a month,and am free between noon and 3pm on those days.If some one wants range company and can pick me up at Camp Creek,and Fulton Industrial,PM your number and we'll hook up. Matt

14. Jbabbler

Jbabbler New Member

I live in Henry County which is about 30-45 mins North of Macon.

South River Gun Club is in Conyers and they have excellent facilities. I have taken a bunch of tactical classes out there with Ardent. They have a town set up, 100, 200yard Rifle Range, Skeet/Trap ranges O'plenty, IDPA range and dozens of private ranges surrounded by berms so you can shoot all by yourself if you want. http://www.southrivergunclub.com/

15. grovermurray

grovermurray New Member

I have a lot of family in Wilkinson county; if you live in the middle GA area, then you know all about good ole Wilco. There's a little ghetto gun club range on Hwy 57 that me and a friend of mine go to every now and then. Other than that, I go to Eagle gun range in Macon, or use our departments qualifying range when I can get the O.K.

16. Augustus Heyliger

Augustus Heyliger New Member

In Douglasville...new M9 a1 owner

17. Augustus Heyliger

Augustus Heyliger New Member

....new member here in Douglasville...interested...