any news from Steyr?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Gray_Wolf, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

Were they supposed to make an announcement in March? anyone heard anything new?

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Wolf :)

Yeah. I talked to Jack on the phone Tuesday and he told me that Karl was still with Herr Holzschuh solidifying their new plans for the American market place. Looks like a holding pattern for 2 more weeks or so. It all feels very upbeat and I'm startin' to get a little excited about my new S357-A1 :p Stay tuned to Industry News and The Pub for updates. If you're interested, join some of us Club members in #Steyrclub chatroom, IRC for a live chat most evenings. PM me for details if you're interested. Hava great week. :D

Wulf

3. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Well it's now April, so can we/should we expect an announcement this next week?, or more of Steyrs "smoke and mirrors"???

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *flyer :)

Dayam! :shock: What day is it? Sunday? Hmmm, the first week of April starts tomorrow! Holy shit, the sky is fallin' again! :shock: Is that sarcasm I detect in your words, Bro? :shock: Do you doubt SAI's sincerity? Oh ye of lit'l faith.... Don't be a doubting Thomas. Let's find out, shall we? :p I'm kinda in the middle o' some other shit right now, but what the -Hell-. <shrug> Anything for a Bro. :) ...brb....

(Wulf picks up the phone and calls Jack...ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...auto msg, "... thanx for callin' SAI...blah, blah, blah...call back during normal business hours".)

Dayam, Bro. They're closed. :shock: WTF??? :shock: Oh well.... <shrug> Dayam *flyer...sorry bout dat, Bro. :oops: I'll call Jack manana and see what he has to say. Till then, hang tight and chill, Dude...and try ta hava good Sunday. :)

Wulf <-- still can't believe SAI is closed on Sunday :shock:

PS...Happy Fools Day! :twisted:

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Hey - I'll vouch for Wulf - it's not all smoke and mirrors....

Patience is a virtue... :)

6. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

No need to vouch for anyone, and while paitence is a virtue, it get's a little old to listen to companies (not just Steyr) say one thing and do another.

An announcment was supposed to be made in March (Styers words not mine) and unless Austria operates under a different calender then the rest of the world, they knew when the last business day of march was (or should have anyway, being that they are a business) and no announcement has been made (not even that "an official press release will be coming next week" kinda thing)

Companies that expect us to pony up our hard earned money should do what they say they are going to do, and in Styers case it's probably even more important given their track record in the US and the controversy (unfounded or not) that is surrounding them at this time.

And Wulf I knew full well what day it was when I posted previously, guess the Austrians didn't realize when MARCH ended huh.......(maybe March is Austrian for "Next Shot Show"??? :p )

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

I spoke wit Jack today.
    The Austrians are coming over for the NRA show and will be working with the USA guys on the business plan.

Jack says he has been assured that Steyr will remain here in the USA.

He also said that many accessories that are not available here in the USA yet will be offered.

He mentioned a very nice folding knife as one of them.

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *cov :)

I'm really lookin' forward to some of the new accessories, i.e. conversion kits, holsters, knives, pistols...stuff like that. Here's a very nice folding knife that will appeal to a lot of my Steyrclub Brothers. :p

[​IMG]

This one's my favorite, though. :twisted:

[​IMG]

BTW, they'll most likely come in camo, too. 8) I'm thinkin' that time-wise, it'll take a bit following an ownership transfer for an international firearms manufacturer for the wheels of production to resume. And, compounded by some trumped-up derogatory bullshit reporting and renegotiations with a substantial foreign market like the US, schedules are impacted. <shrug> Nature of the beast, I suppose. :roll: So, rather than create negativity, give your support and well wishes for a speedy recovery for those involved. IMHO, no one is trying harder than Herr Holzschuh and his corporate entourage to resume and build upon avant guard innovation. My personal problem with all of this is that it always takes longer in real life than in does in my dreams. :roll:

Wulf

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

That'a boy! :)

That knife is just so god awful sexy... I can't wait!

10. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

They are damn fools for naming any US-intended products "Mannlicher". It just doesn't sound right to this American's ear "Man-Licker"

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Thai* :)

Hmmm...what always comes to my mind with mannlicher is "man licker", as in a whole can o' whoopass, Bro! :p

Wulf

12. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Hello Wulf,

I think next it will be the "Mannlicher San Francisco Drop Point", with an extra sheepsfoot or castration blade. Or maybe the "Mannlicher BrokeBack Mtn Bowie".

It might actually be pronounced "Mon-lie-cher", or "Mon-liker", but tell that to "Say-ko" or "Leo-pold".

13. smores

smores Guest

I just hope they use some good steel for the blades. If they can hold an edge like a Gerber or Kershaw I'll get one.

The last knife I bought (about 2 months ago) is a CRKT M16-10KZ E.D.C. (Every Day Carry) folder. It has an interesting system where there's an extra lock working with the liner to turn it into a "fixed blade" folder. Basically, you have to rotate a switch rearward while moving the traditional liner lock to the side to close the blade.

The only down points are that it doesn't hold the greatest edge, and if you don't flick it out (as opposed to opening it slowly) it won't lock up positively. I used to be into knives a lot more, and will have to see how these ones are. I'm looking at the fixed-blade one, as I've lost my Ka-Bar Tanto, and my Bulgarian AK bayonet leaves something to be desired in terms of a sharp, usable knife.

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I can't decide, Wulf. Sign me up for both in camo. I'll have to retire my pair of Gerber folders, small and large. :mrgreen:

If somebody came at me with either one of those, I might forget I was armed and turn and run. Fear factor! :twisted:

15. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

That fixed blade tanto is the whole business! Are these pictures from the Man-Liquor Web site? Are they available? Thanks,

16. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Man Liquor, missed that one! Man-Liquor Bourbon County Dagger...Man-Liquor Mezcal Navaja. Those'd work.

17. olli9022

olli9022 Steyr Mannlicher Representative

The name "Mannlicher" is pretty easy to explain:
    "Knight" Mannlicher founded the factory in a town called Steyr, Austria.

So the company's name is: STEYR MANNLICHER - its that easy!

18. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They are not available yet, and it might not be just as easy as placing an order for one - the details aren't all worked out yet. Stay tuned and be patient - wheels are turnin'...

19. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

See Guys! :p

IMHO, that's very kewl. 8) Thanx for that info, olli*. You rock, Dude! :p

Sir Wulf <-- thought pole vaulting in highschool was kinda like jousting without a horse :roll:

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I looked up Mannlicher in my German-English dictionary and we've been pronouncing it wrong. The correct pronunciation apparently refers to these nasty knives.

It is not pronounced "Man-Licker."

The proper pronunciation is "Man-Splitter."