Any inherited problems in the M-Series pistols?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ronin67, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ronin67

ronin67 Guest

Just picked up my first Steyr M series pistol (M357-A1) and was wondering if the M series pistols have any specific problems (either minor or major) that is inherited in the design? So far I love this thing. It is the most comfortable semi-auto pistol I have ever held. I'm a big Fan of Glock pistols, but this Steyr is something special.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin :D

2. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

I only picked up my M357-A1 two weeks ago, but it's rapidly becoming a favorite in my collection. Innovation, ergonomics, and precision are Steyr benchmarks. No other pistol feels so comfortable in hand and shoots so well!

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The most I see on this board is failure to eject (FTE). You can do a search on FTE. I do not know what the % of problems is, nor how it may have been eliminated with changes in the parts; but I have never had a problem with my M9.

4. Matches

Matches Guest

The most common problem that has been erratic brass ejection. A hat is a must at the range and I still get the occasional brass to the face. Many report this problems corrects after a break in period and the newer M-A models are supposed to have addressed this problem