Any FFL's in Dallas/Ft. Worth area? No extra fees, please...

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by jackpilot, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jackpilot

jackpilot Guest

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. However, I've read about 5 hours worth of information so far, WOW! This is a great community here!

My plan is to purchase a M9-A1 from CDNN and have it sent to a local FFL. However all the real gun stores that I've spoken to want to charge 5-10% fees on top of $20-30 transfer fee. After taxes, that $350 number goes up quite a bit.

Is anyone here a local DFW FFL? Or, do you know of one that is trustworthy and easy to deal with in this area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I haven't been able to find one - just about everyone I have found thus far charges $25/$20 without/with CHL. To be honest though, you're better off not ordering from CDNN - even if you could bypass the transfer fee (and you likely won't), you're still out shipping and that lovely 8.25% sales tax. Your best bet is to go to the DACA gun show at Dallas Market Hall on Sept. 22-23. They had 9mm and .40 -A1's for $327 at the last show (of course there is no guarantee we'll see those prices again) - you're not going to beat that anywhere in TX...

utjon and I are going - you're more than welcome to tag along or meet up with us if you like... 8) (any other DFW guys want to tag along?)

3. jackpilot

jackpilot Guest

Thanks for your reply Syn.

Unfortunately, I work weekends and I'm always out of town so I can't make the shows. Hmm, I may just look at ordering from GalleryofGuns. I'm seeing prices around $420 with taxes and shipping. No hassle purchase.

The only issue I have with GOG is the gun search feature. You put in a zip code and it only spits out the nearest 3 vendors. I've put in 3 different area zips and keep getting different pricing. Some much better than others. Just makes me wonder if I can't get a better deal by typing in the "magic" zip code.

Any thoughts on this route? Wish I was able to make it the gun show, though.

Thanks.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

On Gallery of Guns, use the "Retailer Near You" button and you can get up to 50 results on gun dealers within 50 miles, then look for the specific gun you're seeking, as in M9-A1s or M40-A1s, if they have an online store. If not, at least you've got contact info and you can call and ask if they've got any Steyrs or can get you one.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/GunGallery/Retailer/Index.asp

5. jackpilot

jackpilot Guest

Thanks for that info, Net.

They don't exactly make it easy to do fast, low cost comparisons do they? Well, I ended up putting in about 50 different DFW zips to get all the price quotes around town and found Roy's Pawn Shop was selling them with the smallest markup....about $30.

Plus tax and shipping, the total will be $429 out the door.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I bought mine through GoG - had to drive to Burleson to get the best price, but I had a girlfriend that lived out there back then, so it wasn't a big deal. Davidson's has the advantage of a lifetime warranty, although SAI pretty much makes that moot.

7. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

Good online dealer

Try Lowescertifiedguns.com
    I purchased my M91A from them and they had it on sale for 389.00. They are a no BS gun dealer/store here in Pa.
    I just checked and the 40 is also on sale 389.00 so are the mags 19.19 ea until 9/30