Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at
his home just outside Tabor
City
, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an
investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I dunno. Remember when that antigun journalist in DC shot a kid in the wrist for poolhopping in his back yard? The gun was not legally registered (it belonged to the journalist's son, an FBI agent, who also could not legally have that pistol in D.C. The journalist wound up walking out back, flipping out, and shooting the kid through the wrist on the opposite side of the pool. He never claimed the kid was or appeared to be armed.

That was the late eighties, but a whole lot of MSM types spent a whole lot of breath saying nothing, but somehow concluding that the journalist was somehow more special than you or I.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It seems that this shooting took place back in August and there are lots of insinuations about "argument with a boyfriend," "Blackburn was no longer a threat," "was in the front yard and going away" and so on.
Soles has been indicted by the grand jury...and has apparently decided not to run for re-election and may even step down before his term is up at the end of this year.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww, what a shame!

Just think, in four years we can turn over the entire congress, senate and house!

Vote 'em out!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Awww, what a shame!

Just think, in four years we can turn over the entire congress, senate and house!

Vote 'em out!
:Agree:

Vote em ALL out! We'll have to do it every two / four years for awhile until they get the message though.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
:Agree:

Vote em ALL out! We'll have to do it every two / four years for awhile until they get the message though.

Yes.
It is very simple, WE MUST VOTE OUT THE INCUMBENTS, regardless of (R) (D) or (I)
It is the only way to fully purge the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.