Another option for a slip-on grip - Pachmayr No. 1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kraigster414, Nov 26, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Also no finger grooves. Hard to find but available. If you're hands are on the large size, this may do the trick and no duplicate finger grooves. I got mine online from Pistoleer. Shown on an M9A1:

[​IMG]

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I had looked at that one..

You like???

3. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

It's adds a little too much thickness for me but I have small hands. For those with bigger paws it may be the way to go. I just like the idea that it doesn't have finger grooves. I think it's redundant to put finger grooves on top of finger grooves.

4. S40Fan

S40Fan Guest

A shop nearby didn't have the Pachmayr No. 1, so I tried No. 2 (same size, I think, but with finger grooves). Wow, I am very impressed. The M40-A1 grip is a great design, just a little too small for my hand, but now fits like I squeezed a handful of clay (well, close to that anyway). The now larger finger grooves actually greatly enhance the feel and support for me. Only the upper finger groove is a duplicate on the grip so spacing between it and the lower groove is not a problem.

Thanks to folks here, I knew the term "slip on" was not going to be an accurate description of the installation process. Although I had some 15 year old hair spray left over from the old spud launcher and pot of boiling water standing by, a quick test fit revealed the most resistance was from the front and rear of the grip. I tried cutting a half inch wide strip of plastic (just used the package the grip came with) and had that inside the front and rear of the new grip as I pushed it on. About 20 seconds later, I pulled the plastic strips out and hey, that wasn't so bad at all. I thought a hair dryer may have helped, too, but didn't need it.

Over 100 rounds at the range today and it hasn't moved yet.

I'm so grateful for everyone participating in this forum and saving me from buying a Glock with the rest of the herd (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm actually waiting on the S40-A1 to arrive later this year (I hope), but couldn't pass up the CDNN deal in the meantime. My poor, trusty Sig 229 knows something's going on.

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Welcome to SteyrClub S40Fan!

I have the Pachmayr No. 2 sleeve on my Gen 2 G17.

Hasn't moved out of place after many years of use.

Glad to have you on board. Excellent first post!

Hope to see more from you soon....

8) 8)

6. keroppl

keroppl New Member

I just slipped a piece of a bike inner tube over my grip, cut it flush and cleaned it up with some ZEP Lubrisil. Has a nice tack to it.

7. S40Fan

S40Fan Guest

Thanks babj615!

Glad to hear yours hasn't moved in all that time.

I'll post a pic of mine on the photo thread when I have a chance.

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Thanks for the tip, kraigster414. Those do look like they fit like the proverbial glove, tailor-made for the MA1. I've got a pair and have Hogue Handalls on each but may eventually need to replace them. So far so good. Nice to know there's a good option to the Handall in addition to the Hogue Tool grip.

I've got long fingers and pretty good sized mitts and those look like they would fit me fine. :mrgreen: