Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I know there are lots of CZ fans on this board -

I just purchased a new Sarsilmaz K2. Quick description - .45 ACP, 14+1, DA/SA, steel frame, 4.5" barrel, 40 oz, with rail, Turkish made - looks like the Turks are putting out some nice stuff - and under $500.

Wonderful gun - may have the best single action trigger of any gun I have ever purchased. Eats everything - 300 rounds in - 300 downrange and no feeding issues. Because it is so heavy, shoots very softly. Factory sights are the bomb - adjustable, bright - not as cool and useful as the trapezoid, but for three dot system, very nice.

Ergonomics and design are solidly CZ inspired - I have heard rumors that they might actually be CZ licensed. The grip is a bit thicker, of course, but I have rather large hands and love how it fits. Think hefty CZ-75.

This is the gun that the CZ 97 should have been. To me, quality of the fit/finish matches guns I have paid 2 or 3 times more for.

Sorry to gush like a schoolboy in love.......

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya *roer :)

Its OK ta gush, just keep it off the pillow! ;)

Anyway, by comparison, the K2 looks to be of CZ design...maybe even with a few improvements. <shrug>

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- hmmmmm, wonderin' if the dovetail rear sight slot is the same for both? :popcorn:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which taking a look into it is the same as the Tanfoglio Force / EAA Witness ??? :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are probably similarities..I wanted a range shooter and stay-at-home so I welcomed that fact that it is at 40 oz. vs. about 10 oz less for the polymer examples. Also liked 14+1, vs. 10+1. Liked adjustable sights. And the EAA Witness polys I have seen did not have the buttery SA trigger that the K2 does, though I did not know that at the time I purchased.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since I know there are lots of CZ fans on this board -

I just purchased a new Sarsilmaz K2. Quick description - .45 ACP, 14+1, DA/SA, steel frame, 4.5" barrel, 40 oz, with rail, Turkish made - looks like the Turks are putting out some nice stuff - and under $500.

Wonderful gun - may have the best single action trigger of any gun I have ever purchased. Eats everything - 300 rounds in - 300 downrange and no feeding issues. Because it is so heavy, shoots very softly. Factory sights are the bomb - adjustable, bright - not as cool and useful as the trapezoid, but for three dot system, very nice.

Ergonomics and design are solidly CZ inspired - I have heard rumors that they might actually be CZ licensed. The grip is a bit thicker, of course, but I have rather large hands and love how it fits. Think hefty CZ-75.

This is the gun that the CZ 97 should have been. To me, quality of the fit/finish matches guns I have paid 2 or 3 times more for.

Sorry to gush like a schoolboy in love.......
Been some real buys in shotguns coming out of Turkey for quite some time. If their handguns are of equal value you have a nice weapon.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The Cz 75 is the second most copied pistol of all time. Only the 1911 outdoes it for copies. Tangfolio licensed the design from the Czechs in the 80s I believe (too lazy to look it up right now). The Turks have build weapons for Tangfolio, and also licensed the Czech design. The cz97 is a nifty .45 weapon.

The prices of Cz 75bs are in the same ballpark as the Turkish weapon, but to each their own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love CZ75s as well, which is the main reason I went with the K2 actually - I have been looking at the 97 for years, but just could not pull the trigger, so to speak. It is about $275 more than I paid for the K2, has 4 fewer in the mag, does not have the rail, does not have adjustable sights. I paid $450 for the K2, and a 75 would be rare at that price today. Even the Duty is at $450 now.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
How well I understand the argument from budget. Happily, that's how I got involved with Steyr in the first place. The $339 M40-A1s in the CDNN catalog. It let me buy 2 for the price of a single SIG. Such a deal!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doing a search on K2, looking for another place to rave about this gun as I was at the range today to put another 100 downrange, and every time I shoot it I like it better than I recalled.

Still an awesome gun, I have only one complaint and that is that I do not like how the sight adjustment screws work...other than that, this is a fantastic gun with a simply marvelous trigger out the box. Has eaten everything and comes back seeking more.

Now that guns are starting to become available again, if you are looking for a .45 with big mags and real heft in a DA/SA action, this is the guy to go for...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts