Alien Gear Gun Belt

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by LoveMySteyr87, Jan 6, 2017.

1. LoveMySteyr87

LoveMySteyr87 New Member

Nobody has posted any info on the Alien Gear Gun belt, so I sized myself and bought one. It looks like a great belt and I'm hoping it pairs well with my Urban Carry G2. Waiting for it to arrive, I'll let you all know how it is.
    Aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html

2. LoveMySteyr87

LoveMySteyr87 New Member

UPDATE : received my gun belt! A little less than $75. Very premium quality feel. Thick, wide, sturdy.
    Tested with my "Blade tech" dual clip holster and its a snug fit but I prefer it that way because that means it's secure and it wont slide around.
    I wear size 32 pants, ordered size 36 belt, perfect fit.
    Worth $75 bucks? Most likely. I think if the market were more competitive for belts of this quality and it became the standard the price would naturally be lower. But for the quality, this belt is tops.

Will update again after I receive my Urban Carry G2 holster.

3. LoveMySteyr87

LoveMySteyr87 New Member

UPDATE#2 : I found it odd the belt ending up costing slightly more than the Urban Carry G2 holster. This size 36" belt has 7 holes. Prior to equipping my Steyr M9-A1 into the holster, I could comfortably fasten the belt to the 2nd innermost hole. With the gun equipped, I must loosen it to the 3rd outermost hole. This allows me to easily access and draw when needed.
    Im not used to wearing a belt or carrying a weapon, but I have to say, this belt is thick and protrudes out about an inch at the buckle. With my small waist/pant size + urban carry holster, I have to keep the buckle off to the right. This makes quickly hooking/unhooking any key carabiner a bit more difficult, but still doable.
    I had to switch sides where I hooked it because the holster occupies the other belt loops.

My only gripe is that I wish Alien Gear made a ratchet style belt clasp option for a lower profile fit. If you are thin'ish like me, you'll want to wear slightly baggy shirts to conceal it, but it will also look fine if you tuck in your shirt.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  4. LoveMySteyr87

LoveMySteyr87 New Member

I still recommend this product because of its steel core, high quality leather stitching, and replaceable parts. But if $75 after shipping and handling is too steep and you can live without some of these features, keep looking for something else you like.

5. MPD575

MPD575 New Member

Great info. I've been thinking about getting one but I've been researching other manufacturers as well i.e. Magpul and Bigfoot Gun Belts. The Bigfoot belts look suspiciously like the Alien Gear belts......... The plus with the Alien Gear is if you buy a holster/combo the belt is discounted some. How's the metal hardware look? Shiny and quality?

6. JayL9A1

JayL9A1 New Member

The metal hardware looks great. Mine is a chrome finish and looks like new. I ordered it & a Cloak Tuck 3.0 holster in November of 2015 & received it February 2016. I hear their turn around is better these days. I have worn the belt everyday since & love it. The Cloak Tuck holster is by far my favorite holster. I wear the holster most days as I normally carry a Springfield XDS .45, I wish they made one for my Steyr. Make sure you order the correct size. I needed an extra hole in the belt and rather than wait again I decided to drill it myself (which they advise you NOT to do). I now have a weird kink in the metal that sometimes kinda bends the belt out a little. It's not a huge deal but i regret doing it. All & all still the best belt I've ever owned!

belt buckle.jpg belt kink.jpg belt1.jpg belt2.jpg

7. Paul Klenk

Paul Klenk New Member

I own one as well and it's the best quality belt of any that I've had. Was carrying a Glock 30S .45 I see that AlienGear makes holster for the M9-A1, so that is probably on my list.