Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Alessi OWB holster that is on the Steyr web site? Looking for an idea for the S40-A1. Trying to carry for an off duty weapon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually bought one on a whim and boy am I glad I did. I got the Alessi CQC-S and have been thrilled with it. It holds the S9 so close to me that I forget about it when walking around, unlike with my paddle holster from Fobus. I have had a lot of different holsters and since I am a big guy I can see this being my 2 if not 3 season holster. The only time I won't use it is when I just can't have a shirt untucked, which is never these days!

They are pricey and take a bit to break in but I have to say that the Alessi holster I have is beyond any other holster I have owned. Top notch stuff!

Here are a few pics.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use my IWB Alessi with S9A1 nearly daily as my primary CCW. It even works in a pinch without a belt if thick fabric -like jeans. It fits perfect to a 2 1/2" "dress" galco, but will catch on thinner "real dress" belts if take a second to make sure the lower lip of clip is secure on the lower belt edge. The Allesi perfectly covers the trigger guard - which gives me confidence to carry one in the chamber. I find that when I strong side carry and index my trigger finger along the exterior plastic clip holding the belt that I have my trigger finger in smooth transition to a position parallel to slide and safely anterior to fully clear trigger guard on exit. My main carry is in the 7 O'clock position with about a 30 degree forward cant, but have experimented with strong side appendix and weak-side appy for cross-draw while on a longer drive. Not as comfortable in the appy position - perhaps just not used to it, but my guess is the rig is a bit thick in that application - at least for me.
OVERALL GREAT HOLSTER, very good quality leather that wears well; I don't baby my gear.
Only minor gripe: not as consistent on the re-holstering as I would like. Probably just poor technique. The leather is stiff enough and the clip keeps it well positioned, but with heavy winter garments I lack confidence popping the steel into my britches without both hands and visual clearance.
Bottom Line: It's not Kydex- which is why I'm interested in getting a Cleveland IWB S9A1 holster. Only issue there is I would like to add a Crimson Trace Rail Laser, but need to find out if Cleveland will shape a rig in that configuration.
Does anyone know about a Cleveland IWB for S9A1 that's laser ready??? I am going to surf around the holster forum. Might pose the question on other threads -if seem associated theme.
Enjoy your Allesi, and your Steyr!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts