AGUILA IQ AMMO FOUND $14.95 A BOX 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by CWILLIAMS, Jun 4, 2007.

1. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

I FOUND THE GRAIL GUYS. I CAME THROUGH FOR YOU ALL. GOTO http://WWW.AMMUNITIONTOGO.COM. ORDER ALL YOU CAN UNTIL YOU WIFE WANTS A DIVORCE/KIDS GET REAL JOBS. SAVE SOME FOR ME THOUGH I ALREADY QUALIFY FOR THE ABOVE. AGUILA IQ AMMO!!!!

2. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Hi CW,

I'm not familiar with Aquila IQ but folks might also consider http://www.ammoman.com for good deals on ammo.
    They have thousand round quantities of 45 auto american eagle, speer lawman, and wolf for less than $300 shipped.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ummmm - if you're paying $14.95/box for Aguila IQ, you're getting severely ripped off. I bought a few boxes in 9, 40, and 45 about a year ago and they were $2.99 each...

Also, it's fun to shoot, but hardly the holy grail... What am I missing here?

Frangible stuff is fun for the range, but not good for much else. Also, you can probably bet that some of that aluminum powder is cooking off in your barrel - not sure I'd want to throw box after box downrange...

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i think you're missing inflation of the metals market.

it's bill gates' fault!! he slowly accumulated about 900 million dollars worth of silver through futures and options on futures.

people slowly caught on but were too smart to buy silver at the inflated price, so they started gobbling up other metals to be part of the metals craze. which in the years since gates started his shenanigans have turned the 900 million into LOTS OF $$$$. which, thankfully, he uses to fight diseases in other countries... since every american already has health care and all.

commodities' prices are rarely a factor of the cost of mining, purifying, or distributing them but rather are a factor of consumer sentiment. how people feel.

this is fueling gas prices by the way. we can speculate and reason about war and supply and opec and demand, but the reailty is that gas costs as much as speculative investors think it should. would you sell (speculate the price of oil to go lower) right now? nobody else would either. so it keeps going higher.

did gas really cost more to produce or distribute one week before memorial day than one week after memorial day? no, but market analysis consistently shows this price action year after year. no smart trader sells oil the week before memorial day. no sellers? buyers win! and the price goes up.

wow, did i get on a tangent... anyway...

metals are crazy over-priced especially in comparison with a year ago and there's a war on, which is leading to decreased supply as well as increased demand for ammunition in general. the commodity of ammo is a product whose price is driven by price speculation.

people used to speculate that IQ ammo sucked. therefore the price was low. ammunitiontogo.com has speculated that IQ ammo is great and that buyers will pay that price. will you be a buyer of aguilla IQ? only YOU can decide the future price of this commodity!!

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I like the review at Outdoor Marksman :roll: :

6. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

Guys the ammo was on the history channel, a feature of bullets and bullet technology. I've never shot a man with the stuff but if you take a look at how deep the hollow cavity is, no wonder the piece of roast blew up when the history channel shot it. I have tried to find an independent survey of the ammo and found a few... even one that supports its armor piercing capability. The company discontinued production after "copkiller" began to surface once again. Just read up on it, I'm not a salesman.. I just want heat on the fire when the time rises so I use trusty Win Rangers and Aguila. Your choice of ammo is just as important to selecting a wife, both of them will protect you when the &&&&& hits the fan. I just wanted to give folks another option for a wife. :p here is a link:
    http://www.aguilaammo.com/iq.htm

http://www.thegunzone.com/aguila-iq.html
    and another:
    https://www.policeone.com/police-produc ... ses/77618/

7. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Thanks for the info, CW. Looks like an interesting choice.
    It always amazes me when the media rediscovers that a high velocity metal projectile can cause damage.

Now where can I get a box for 2.99? :) I am a long way from Mexico.

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Where is the other option for a wife???? :? :?

I've had two already and they were both defective!!!!! :shock: :lol:

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I would stick with standard engineering if it is for selfdefense.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The armor piercing crap is just that - it was debunked quite awhile ago. Regarding the noise level, it's hot ammo so I suspect downrage it is probably slightly louder than normal stuff, but my experience has been the opposite - it's significantly quieter than "normal" ammo and has kinda a funky report - it's kinda cool, actually. The muzzle flash is a brilliant white - IQ never fails to impress those watching.

Regarding its performance - it fails dismally in the FBI requirements. You can expect 6-8" in gel, which sucks compared to normal JHP, but is actually a bit better than you can expect from IQ's primary competition (magsafe, glasier). If I had to carry frangible, it'd be Aguila IQ, but thankfully there is a plethora of standard JHP stuff out there that performs far better. It also holds up better through barriers compared to the other "big two", but then again magsafe and glasier are designed specifically not to penetrate barriers well. IQ is light, fast, and fragments - how deep could we expect it to go in flesh? Provided you get an ideal angle/shot on an attacker, IQ would probably do the job, but I'm not betting my life or the lives of my loved ones on that particular circumstance. YMMV...