Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a M40-A1. I had a choice of either the M40 or the M40-A1. I went with the A1 because it was newer and held 12 rounds. I thought all A1's were made after 2010 but after reading on this forum I am finding out that this is not true. Is there a place to look up my serial # and find out when my gun was made? I am not the first owner of this gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the chart. I am still confused. I understand your chart, no problem, but where are you getting the letters from? My gun does not have letters in the serial #.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That code is not the serial number it is on the slide next to the little eagle and other proof marks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found it. Thank you Shiroyu for telling me that the code was not part of the serial # but was on the slide.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So what was the date of production?

·
Registered
44 Posts
So if my M9-A1 has PDF after the proof marks does that mean it is August of 1994 production? Is that possible?

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
200 Posts
no definatly not the first 3 letters next to the proof is another proof the next 3 letters after that is the production date as my gun has nov in a square style shape which is another proof but the following three letters are vom which would give me a november 2005 date hope this helps....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ahhh so it seems our guns are siblings or at least somewhat related due to the manufacture date. Well If you ever here on the east coast lets shoot

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Right! Aug 04. Mine is VOM - Nov 05. You should do the polishing of the striker spring guide rod and weight. Better yet, replace the weight with Big Taco Delrin cups after you polish the striker guide rod. Make sure not to overlube the striker, a little dry moly lube works wonders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts