Age of Gun

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Buzz, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. Is there a way to determine when a Steyr was made based upon markings on the gun or serial number? I've got a used M9 on the way and I'd love to know how old it is.

Buzz

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Thanks Wulf! I did a search but never would have found that :D

Both of my A1 were freshly assembled (we'll see how fresh) and walked over to my dealer, but this gun: http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976459955.htm which is on the way to my dealer will benefit more from the dating info.

BTW, that M9 was described to me as "fired but looks untouched" so we shall see. Buying a gun off the Net is a new experience for me. From what I currently know I'm pretty pleased with the price. My dealer is charging me $25 for the transfer. They had tried to get me a fresh one from Steyr but "out of production" means "out of production". No harm in trying.

Buzz

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Good choice with the M9. I like it a bit better than the new A1.

5. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I'm looking forward to shooting the first generation gun next to the A1. I'll probably add an older .40 before long.

Now if I could just find a military model GB for a great price I'd be a very happy guy.

Art