Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Depends on a lot of factors. One thing I can say. Redding makes a push through die that takes the bulge out of the base of the case and it works great. If you know anything about short base dies for AR or semi auto calibers and rifles they work the same. Check them out. As far as powders go I use W231 and tight group. Bullets, well what ever I find cheap through accura outdoors or precision delta or xtream

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
WSF is a good powder to start with if your new. Lost more cases in 9mm and 40sw than I could reload. but after 5 reloadings I tend to toss the brass into recycling. Fired reloaded wolf steel casings 5 times with full load. fired some cases 8 times but no longer do that. most I would do is 5 otherwise the case mouth gets worn and reloads after 5 reloads were wildly inaccurate despite could recipe for load,primer,powder.

If your a experienced reloader and dont mind a powder that is more economical I suggest titegroup. though titegroup has nitro and will heat up a gun after some use specially in cold weather. Universal is good powder if you want ammo the burns clean leavy easier cleanup and reloading. though Universal can be touchy to temp and setback. pressure spike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts