'Ace of Spades' shoots Steyr 9mm

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

This a bit convuluted to get to Steyr, but bear with me. First a post on hotair.com about a supposed soldier in Iraq, who wrote a supposed story about soldiers doing stupid stuff, which was published in The New Republic magazine as God's truth.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/20/come-clean-new-republic/

That’s from Dead of Night by “Scott Thomas,” the pseudonymous soldier whose claims have raised much suspicion among the blogs of late. It’s completely insane.[/quote:3d2qjshu]

Then commenting on the hotair.com comment by blogger Bryan Preston is the blogger who calls himself the "Ace of Spades":

The "square back" shell apparently is a reference to the square firing pin in a Glock, or that's the speculation.

Now that you've waded through all that, here's a little bonus video. Warning, the website is just what it says it is and the video is what Ace calls "boobapalooza. Here there be knockers." Nothing you haven't seen at the movies already.
    http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/videos_show_them_to_me

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

You mean it was on the internet and its not true??? :?

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Actually, the article was in print in the magazine, The New Republic, and has been roundly debunked by Internet bloggers, but you got the concept right, selfdefense. I checked the TNR website and you have to be a subscriber to the print publication to be able to read the article online, so I couldn't put up a link to read the full "report."

Any fool can blog, just like any fool can write an article for a magazine. But somehow, publishers of print are supposedly held to a higher standard of excellence and trust than bloggers. Except at The New Republic. This is at least the third article published in that magazine which has been widely investigated and found to be full of BS.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Oh, Katrina vanden Huevel, the most far out lefty I routinely see exposed in the media. 'Nuff said. :roll:

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Learn something everyday, thanks for the name-dropping, SD. I never heard of her, but here's what I googled:

How's that for timing, takes over coverage of the USSR just in time to see it disappear into the trashbin of history with the fall of Reagan's "evil empire." Moscow News reporter? Gotta be kidding. Unrepentant commie.

And her latest book, "Taking Down the Radical Right" would include me, a card-carrying member of the "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy."

:mrgreen:

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Guilty as charged! :mrgreen: