AA-12 - World's deadliest shotgun

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by Deluxe247, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

In my humble opinion, a Saiga-12 semi-auto shotgun using a MD-Arms 19rnd drum magazine would be more preferable.

The Saiga-12 can be procured now, and the MD-Arms 19 rnd drum is literally "on its way" (I have one in bound to me at the present time).

Here's a photo of my personal Saiga-20 (i.e., semi-auto 20-guage shotgun) customized by Tromix:

[​IMG]

And here's a photo of the MD-Arms 19 rnd drum:

[​IMG]

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Range report ASAP! :mrgreen:

3. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

:lol: .... :lol: .... :lol:

That's NOT going to happen any time soon.

Although my MD-Arms 19 rnd drum mag is expected to arrive in my grubby hands by NLT the end of this month (give or take a week), the Saiga-12 that I'm having built won't be available to me until the end of this year....

So, although I'll have the drum in hand, the weapon platform from which to attach it and fire it WON'T be in my hands until later this year. Sorry...

4. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Ouch! I bet the thump on the business end of that 20 gauge slug will really leave a mark.

You're about to make me put a Saiga 12 ga. with a big ol' drum on my wish list. Along with a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 Special, Charter left-handed .38 Special and Charter .22 mag.

And there's a CZ97B .45 ACP somewhere on that list, too, and an EAA Elite Match .38 Super/9x23 and/or 10mm and RIA wide-frame .45 ACP and a G20C and a G31C and a...

So many guns, so little money... Here I sit with nine pistols, two 12 ga. shotguns, 1 30'06 semi-auto and two .22 rifles, but there's so many more guns I don't have. :mrgreen:

As retired U.S. Sen. Zell Miller (my favorite Democrat) said, "I've already got more guns than I need, but I don't have as many guns as I want." :twisted:

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

The IPSC 3-gun guys tell met that the Saiga's don't run well enough for competitive gun games.

7. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Do the IPSCers use full power ammo or target stuff?

8. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I'll ask.

9. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Well... although I mean no disrespect to you ThaiBoxer, what I have heard (read) on the Saiga-12.com forum (to which I have been a member for almost two years) is the exact opposite. The IPSC 3-gun guys are going goo-goo and ga-ga for the Saiga-12 semi-auto shotguns.

I can only guess that the sources from which you're obtaining your info and feedback from, are reporting about "non-modified Saiga shotguns," Saigas that are brought to the IPSC competition fresh from their import packing boxes without having their gas ports openned, etc., etc. To make the Saiga family of shotguns (i.e., 12ga, 20ga & 410ga) highly reliable, they need to be tweaked first by a competent gunsmith or someone thoroughly familiar with the Saiga weapons platform.

Here is what I consider to be a premier example of a custom modified Saiga-12 specifically built for ISPC competition (which is why Tony Rumore of TROMIX refers to it as his "Comp S-12"):

[​IMG]

This gun (after modification) comes with some of the following "goodies" on it:
    - Competition TROMIX stock
    - Dog-legged Galil bolt charging handle
    - Extended short throw safety
    - Competition hex brake
    - Ported barrel
    - Screw-in Rem-Chokes
    - Short throw trigger (pull & reset)
    - Ultra low scope mount
    - Throated chamber
    - Shortened gas system (2.25" rearward)
    - Limbsaver recoil pad
    - Magazine guide
    - Vented Galil style forend

Again, no disrespect... but I believe you are incorrect.

10. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

You talk much so nicer than my wife.

:drool:

Good. I'd like to hear that a mag fed shotgun runs well, it was while looking for info for a 3-sun shotgun for myself that I asked about the Saiga. All this crew pumped the Benelli and Winch. SX series. I've heard fine things about Tromix. but not from the IPSC 3-gun guys I've yakked with. There appears to be a disconnect.

11. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Personally, I don't know if "disconnect" is the most applicable adjective to describe what is likely going on here.

The thing is (so I've heard from the guys on the Saiga-12.com forum, several of which are ISPC competitors and use the Saiga-12 during competition), the die-hard Benelli and Winchester shotgunners HATE the Saiga and will never say anything positive about it... in spite of the fact that the guys shooting the Saiga routinely kick the Benelli and Winchester shooters' tail end up and down the course.

So, as with anything, one might need to consider the source.

I mean just look at me.... Clearly I am a die-hard Saiga enthusiast and therefore whatever I may convey on the topic should be viewed with a degree of suspicion... :lol:

Here are a few more close-up pics of the aforementioned Tromix Comp S-12:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]