A2 serial numbers

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Zudrick, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

Hey, just asking if anyone with a newer L9A2 has two serial numbers on the side. I had heard they had an issue with the A1 trigger going into a A2 and then no serial number (besides parts) so they might have to do a redesign. Didn’t put too much faith in it but in cleaning the C9A2 I noticed it has a 2nd slot for the serial number on the frame that the earlier L9A2 did not have. I am wondering if this means the trigger pack is no longer the serialized part or if this is a way to stop a A1 trigger going into a A2 and making a unserialized gun. If you have a A2 can you let me know if you have a single black serial number or a Glock serial number next to a silver one?

2. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

Pointing at both. One is black and one is silver. Black is trigger group silver is frame

Attached Files:

3. SteyrPL

SteyrPL New Member

do you have serials in both windows? I have same configuration, but serial is only in one window (black one). L9 form 2020.

4. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

My C9A2 has a serial in both windows. On the frame and trigger group. My L9 which was one of the first in the country only has one window for serial number and it’s on the trigger group

5. SteyrPL

SteyrPL New Member

Thanks, I was wondering why I have this 2nd window and no number :)
    A bit strange, I suppouse both serials should be there unless my trigger goup is from other gun or some transition piece.

6. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

While I don’t have confirmation from steyr I believe the silver window is the original design where the trigger group is serialized. This was the design they sued sig over and if we ever got after market support would allow the trigger group to swap to different grip modules. Maybe even sig style conversion kits between C/M/L or colors. Once it was found a A1 an drop in trigger group and you technically have a un-serialized gun we got the new window and I suspect the frame is now the serialized part again. I say technically as the serial number is all over the gun, but there is always the serialized part to the atf that is attached to a name. In all I think it’s a bummer and means we won’t see grip modules or other after market support in that area(not that we would anyway due to market share and steyr business model) unless they change the trigger group which I would be fine with in the end. That said maybe a revised MFA2 will come one day with a altered trigger module and optics ready cut.