Steyr Club Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but do M9A1 mags also fit in M9A2’s?
Never a wrong question man, all questions are good. A1 mags fit in a A2, but A2 mags do not fit in an A1. So if you have a bunch of A1 mags, good news. If you have a A1 and want to use A2 mags, bad news. Case put a video up earlier in this thread which goes over it and explains in more detail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never a wrong question man, all questions are good. A1 mags fit in a A2, but A2 mags do not fit in an A1. So if you have a bunch of A1 mags, good news. If you have a A1 and want to use A2 mags, bad news. Case put a video up earlier in this thread which goes over it and explains in more detail.
Thanks for the info. I’ll check out the video

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
As far as I know no one does. They were hinted at during trade shows but never materialized. Also all the new A2s have the serial number on the grip module and the trigger group. If you are missing grip panels then those can be had from Steyr, but I don’t think we will see any from Steyr and I’m not sure there is enough of a market for a aftermarket company to pick it up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well the video answered a question I had about that weird hump on the lower corner of the trigger guard. What I am now wondering, is if the Euros are still using the index finger over the front of the trigger guard? Most American pistol shooters no longer use that style of grip. Seems a little late in the game to have that feature. Most other gun makers, including foreign gun makers, no longer have that provision.

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
I know it was a complaint on the A1 series so it might be correcting for those that do. Steyr is typically slow to alter their pistols in generations. I know two cops in the same department that focus and swear by opposing view points on holding their firearm. Both are great shots although I don’t know any shooters in my circle that hook their finder.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts