A tall Sam Adams please...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smores, Nov 18, 2006.

1. smores

smores Guest

So today, I'm finally 21. I got up, renewed my license, picked up some supplies at the liquor store for later tonight, and purchased a new 9mm CZ-75B. The Steyr M40-A1 or M357-A1 is next on the list...

I just want to say, it feels great to be an OFFICIAL adult. I had spent some time in the Army and ROTC, and always thought it was ridiculous that men and women that can be sent overseas to fight crazy Arabs aren't legally able to buy/consume alcohol or buy registered weapons...

Well, now I'm in the club and I'm glad to be here 8)

2. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Welcome aboard!

I got lucky, when I came in the Navy, in Florida, they thought the same way, so if you had a military ID, you could drink at 18. Then the Federal government got involved and that went away. This was in mid-80's. Eeek!
    8-O

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

well congratulations.

now you can start collecting all the toys you really wanted.

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Cold* :D

Yeah, kinda ridiculous that you can lay it all on the line for your homeland but not stand in line and purchase for yourself tools to protect yourself at home. <shrug> Yeah, pretty silly indeed. Thanx for puttin' up with the irony and for coverin' our 6:00. And, in the immortal words of Frosty the Snowman, "Happy Birthday". :p

Wulf

5. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Happy belated birthday!

I will be in the same pair of shoes in 23 days. But who's counting, right?

Have fun!

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Happy B-Day man!!

7. Ripped

Ripped Guest

Happy Bday From the big bikini State too!

8. theFiasco

theFiasco Guest

Thanks for your service, too!

CHEERS!

9. smores

smores Guest

only 4 days left until I can pick up my new purchase. I'm kind of glad I got the CZ now, because when I pick up my Steyr in the coming months, I can buy it in a larger caliber :). I'll have plenty of time to practice with 9mm before I step up.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!