Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Thanks for sharing West.

The guy apparently experienced a couple of FTEs with "rusty wolf ammo" and then decided to do a 1000 round functionality test in an hour and a half. Have never shot that many consecutive rounds through a Steyr, but it makes my arm ache just thinkin about it.

During the 1000 shots test that we did the M40 was never cleaned and the shots were fire in 1 hour and 30 min...with ammo MFS it performed flawless, so we concluded that the steel case ammo with rust were the cause of the 2 failures...we were trying to replicate the failure in wich the bullet case got stock in the barrel, this happened with Wolf Russian Ammo the cause was not the M40, we prove that the steel case works just fine and it does not deteriorate the extractor but the bullets that had rust were the ones that got stuck.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Let's see:
He saves a couple of cents per round on cheap ammo the actually has rust on it; and then has to spend a couple of hundred extra bucks to prove that it was the cheap ammo that was the problem. This guy must be the head of Homeland Security or Health and Human Services vacationing in Central America.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I wouldn't be too hard on the guy, maybe he just wanted an excuse to blow a thousand rounds through his Steyr.
Glad he was able to fire off all those rounds without a problem even though he didn't clean the gun.

After all, he was willing to share his "test" with the world and conceivably save other folks some money
or at least provide some entertainment and reassurance regarding the functionality of these fine pistols.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
"..maybe he just wanted an excuse to blow a thousand rounds through his Steyr. "
-----------------------------------------------
Now, I can dig that. :)

P.S. on a serious note, lesson learned: do not put rusty or otherwise defective ammo in a good gun, no matter how good an idea it seems at the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was me.

Hello gentleman it was my gun on that test and to be honest it was FUN!!!! The reason I was testing the Wolf Ammo is that given the restrictions on weapons and ammo that were imposed to Guatemala we cannot have taht much of variety here.

I will never use wolf ammo again ever, but I wanted to be sure it was the ammo and not the pistol thats why I went with the vendor (my friend Santiago) he is the one shooting the pistol Im behind the camera, I got to say THATS Customer service.

I just traveled to the US with some of my contry manager and :p I convinced them to crry the 11 ponds of ammo per person allowed, now I have Hydras, Rangers, Silvertips, Gold Dots and Tritons Im really eager to test those mighty bullets.

Just one clarification, money is no issue (today thank god).

It is all about having a good time and willing to share it with friends.

Saludos from Guatemala.

Jorge

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for sharing your video with us.
Glad you were having fun and that you have a friend like Santiago who is willing to run a thousand rounds through a gun to prove that it functions OK. (I think maybe he likes shooting and it is not too much like work for him ) :)

Please post a report of your adventures with other ammo, also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I forgot to tell you that after the test, Santiago changed the extractor for a new one, and gave me another for spare, plus he gave me a new guide rod wich im using with the M40, I also have the conversion for the M9.

Regards

Jorge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts