Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Donovan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, dear friends
I am interested to know - should the disassemble lever snap into its former place automatically when I set the slide after disassembling? Ealier it snaped into its place automatically, but after I completely disassembled my Steyr M-A1 the level does not want to and I have to swing the level back up with my finger.

#2 ·
Yes, the lever should snap back into place when the slide is racked back upon reassembly.

If it does not, I think that means when you reassembled it, something is not in the right place. You should double check that. I believe there are a couple of videos on here that describes this.

Good luck.
Paul

#3 ·
Thank you,
the matter is I downloaded the file from this forum (Steyr M-A1 US 05.pdf) and according to that guide I am to swing the level back up (fig 27 page #28). But when I am watching various online videos the level always snaps back into its place by itself.

#4 ·
Hi, after I installed DPMS recoil rod lever stopped swinging automatically, I have to align it to the grove in the slide and then when I rack the slide it snaps. This is due to some minuscule rod diameter differences between original and DPMS one. If you have all the stock components, it should snap from any position. I advice to disassemble the frame once more and put it back together.

#5 ·
Check the position of the spring that activates the slide stop. It could be binding the disassembly lever.

#6 ·
Check the position of the spring that activates the slide stop. It could be binding the disassembly lever.
Thank you.
Actually I think the same as you. The problem occurs only when the subframe (multifunction element as it is called on the scheme) is set into the plastic frame. When I take the subframe out of the plastic frame and rack the slide back onto the bare subframe, the level snaps back into its place, all right. So, I have to seach the problem in that point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.