A Proper Steyr Grip- Originally posted by IDPA Steyr

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by WorldPax, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

Can you please repost the pics or send a link to them. I'm going shooting again Saturday and would like to try this grip that seems to help everyone (I can use all the help I can get)

Thanks Very Much

2. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

+1 to that, I'd like to see what it looks like as well.

3. Ger42

Ger42 Guest

has anyone had any luck getting the pictures reposted?

Thanks in advance

4. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Got the pics back online. Sorry about that. :oops:

-D

5. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

awesome...I was worried I wouldn't ever be able to figure it out...I saved the whole post in word just in case it happens again lol

practicing w/ dry firing here in my room...can't wait to give this grip a shot out at the range...I can tell from just doing it here in my room that the pistol will be much more steady and my groups will actually start becoming groups. I probably should start keeping track of my shots lol most are trying to hit cans/bottles/spent shotgun shells/other crap I find out at the range.

6. Vauxurellius

Vauxurellius Guest

Re:

it depends on weather you are shooting a SA gun or DA or even a SA/DA or like the taurus a VA (variable action) trigger. In Single action you should use the pad of the shooting fingers, however with a typical double action pistol they will tell you to use more of the trigger finger to give you more leverage on the trigger and provide less "fatigue" while shooting. the easier the trigger is to pull the less finger you need on the trigger.

I don't use this exact grip but I don't shoot in the typical forward present position, I shoot in the weaver position so mine is a little different. I did however use this grip the other day at the range and it is a good grip however it is uncomfortable for me. :) I think it is because it is not what I am used to . I won't be changing to this grip but I will definately practice with it for training sake. I like to add more things to my repitoir.

7. jotaenege

jotaenege New Member

I can not see the images. Is there any way to do?

Thank you very much. Jorge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No puedo ver las imagenes. ¿Hay alguna manera de lograrlo?

Muchas Gracias. Jorge

8. MicPop

MicPop Active Member

Was there ever a link for the photos posted, I still can't see them...