A Four Star..............(Steyr) day :lol:

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by madecov, Aug 24, 2005.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Took a drive and went up "north" to see IDPASteyr. also brought along the M40A1 and a new leather concealment holster.
    Well there were 3 others besides me who had Steyr pistols.
    We shot several courses of fire in an IDPA match.

No one had any firearm related issues. This was also the first time I shot the M40A1. This gun is just as sweet as my M40. I think I might shoot the A1 a bit better do to the improved ergonomics of the grip. Mrs IDPAStyer likes her M9 grip better, she thinks that it fits her hand better than the A1 version.

All in all it was a great time and a lot of fun. The M40A1 functioned perectly and ejection was perfect with none of the rounds hitting me between the eyes :mrgreen: . I really like this gun.

2. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Team Steyr.

Pretty rare to hear about four Steyr Pistols at a single IDPA match I bet that was a real treat for all involved.

Everything I hear about the MA1 has been positive so far and I'm thinking of selling my trust worthy M40 and puting the money toward an MA1.

Safe Shooting.

3. IDPASteyr

IDPASteyr New Member

It was a great match with all the Steyr's doing well. Only one malfunction in one pistol, in over 280 rounds. That malfunction was when I clipped a barricade with my pistol while running from one position to another. Knocked my slide out of battery and caused it to not go Bang! Cleared it and went on. It is fun to see the Steyrs having a very prominent presence at a match, even if it is a local match.

It is fun to see madecov starting to get the hang of the game. He's doing better and better.

4. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

hey mad, do you shoot duty rig or concealment in IDPA?

I've always thought duty rig wold be nice, but it's been so hot here they haven't required a cover garment the last two local matches. Which kinda negates the advantage since duty rigs still have to have all retention deevies in place.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Concealment gear. It's hot here also. We shoot from uncovered.

Duty gear would not be IDPA legal :lol:

6. uncle_walty

uncle_walty New Member

madecov,
    IDPA gives exception to law enforcement and military.

"Exception – Police or military officers may use their duty rig, but
    ALL retention features of the holster MUST be used and all belt
    equipment (mace, handcuffs, etc.) must be present."

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

Yeah well after a 10 hour day in the rig I anit wearin it to have fun.