A few words on banning guns

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Angel, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Angel

Angel Guest

When I was a kid, I lived in a country where the only ppl who owned a gun without a license were the terrorists. I didn't even know where you could buy a gun. The crime rate in the 4 million population metropolis I lived in was very low, but everyone still locked their cars and doors. In fact, in the whole 15 years I lived there, not a single crime incident happened in my neighbourhood.

Back in the day when I lived in the suburbs of Atlanta, I never thought about owning a gun. Never felt the need. The police was always visible and crime rates were low.

Now, living in the middle of city of Atlanta, I can't imagine not owning one. Many of my neighbors have been victimized and police was of NO help, even though their station is only a block away. I find it absurd that cities that want to ban guns are also those who can't protect their citizens. I hope Atlanta won't try this kinda idiocy. I know our mayor is very anti-gun. So, I was happy to hear that an appeals court have overturned DC's gun ban. I just hope this holds up, or that the Supreme Court steps in and tells these crazy politicians that its is our RIGHT to protect ourselves.

BTW, Atlanta has the worst police officer to resident ratio in the country among major metropolitan cities.

2. rhino216

rhino216 Guest

"Those who would trade Freedom for Security deserve neither Freedom nor Security"

The 2nd Amendment was enacted for a reason. Eternal Vigilance is the price of Freedom. The "Shot heard 'round the World" was fired because the British wanted to seize arms in Boston from American Colonials. Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

Food for thought....remember to vote for those who support Freedom..not for those who wish to limit Freedom in the name of security. It is our Rights which are at stake. For when one Right is taken others will fall and soon we'll have no Rights at all.

Armed people are Citizens. Unarmed people are Subjects.

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Well said, Rhino!!!!

8)

4. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

I believe

Rhino I believe the quote is,( some freedom,or a little freedom.) Big difference then FREEDOM. My veiws on that were in another forum about a year ago. You have your life to come back and retake that freedom that was taken from you. To give your life is final. You do no one any good if your dead.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Living inside the city limits of Atlanta without a gun is like being Bambi at the beginning of hunting season.

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

....speaking of.....

...I assume you can carry while using MARTA?????

7. Angel

Angel Guest

Legally, NO! GA has some of the worst carry laws in the country. Basicly, walking down the street as an armed license holder, you can be prosecuted for violating GA's firearm laws. Open Carry is only allowed with a license and you still run the risk of getting stopped and disarmed by the LEOs.

You can't carry on public transportation, not even in the MARTA parking lots. You can't carry into any establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on premises.

You will however be mugged walking from/to or while on MARTA. The only difference between DC, LA and ATL is that you can shoot an intruder in your house and not get charged. And if you are a 92 year old woman, that intruder may end up being a police officer who will gun you down and plant drugs in your house.

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Not very 2A freindly, eh????

You know they don't like armed peasants....

Pretty much like that everywhere for Alcohol Serving Establishments....

I've been [un]lucky enough to ride MARTA a few times myself.... Was NOT the safest I ever felt....

I remember hearing about that....

...and since I believe EVERYTHING the press tells me......

:wink: :wink:

9. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Atlanta has an odd mix of allowances and restrictions that are never defined. On one hand, you carry at your own risk, on the other hand you can shoot someone if they "look" threatening and get away with it.

Now the city is trying to outlaw baggy pants, the panacea to our crime/smog/traffic/potholes/worthless rail system. We traded in our police force for fashion police!